Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

SD card for Navigation

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2017, 05:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SD card for Navigation

I bought an used Navi unit (8750A373) to install in my 2014 Evo X. However, the SD card was missing as what the seller has informed me before the purchase. So, I called the dealer and was told that a new SD card costs about $1,000! What?! It is just a SD card. Anyway, can anyone confirm if it is true or not. Any other alternative for me instead of wasting the whole navi unit just because of the SD card? Can I buy from somewhere else which is cheaper? Thanks!
Old Aug 30, 2017, 05:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 91 Likes on 84 Posts
I would try reaching out to these guys for an update for your NAV which should include the maps -

http://www.mitsubishi-motors.com/en/...h_america.html

I had a heck of a time getting registered as I believe this is a third party service, but eventually I did get an SD update card sent out to me.
Old Sep 2, 2017, 07:20 AM

I did talk to the Map company and was told that they only will send out annual "Map Update SD card" only. For the original SD card which came from the original unit, they cannot do anything about it unless I want to pay $1,000 to order a new SD card from Mitsubishi.
Old Sep 2, 2017, 12:00 PM
Evolved Member

What kind ghetto tard took the card out of the car when selling it? Like that's worth money or anything. That sucks man, I hate people. May have to bite the bullet and get one through the dealership...
Old Sep 2, 2017, 12:24 PM

I am not going to get ripped off by paying $1,000 for just a SD card to the dealership. I have complained to Mitsubishi headquarter customer service and her reply is: "All the dealerships are being franchised and so they can charge whatever they want. We have no control on that. You may want to call around and compare prices". I did call around and most dealerships around my area are charging from $900 to $1,300 range. This is ridiculous. So, I bought a new Pioneer AVIC-8201NEX with installation about the same price with a lot more functions as well as back-up camera. Mitsubishi, no thank you!
Old Sep 2, 2017, 06:14 PM
Evolved Member

Why didn't you just call around to junkyards?

I wouldn't want to tear apart this dash it'll squeak for years after you do.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 12:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I finally got my Map annual SD card. I also tried getting one sooner, but they said I could only get the SD one year after I registered. Looking through the information, you can only install from the SD card once.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 09:16 AM

I actually JUST got my updated card in the mail last week. I ordered it last summer sometime (2016). I faintly remember the guy saying that it could take 1 month to a year to get it. I don't remember exactly since it was so long ago.

I also called because somewhere it says that you can get one or two free updates with the NAVI. I have a 2014 GSR. I would recommend getting an aftermarket unit anyways because when trying to use, its just going to make you mad. The UI is terrible. I just use google or waze for navi on my cell.