Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Low tyre pressure light

Old Nov 8, 2017, 10:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Low tyre pressure light

the low tyre pressure lights keeps coming up in my 2009 lancer gts and i already did the TPMS service and they checked all the pressures of the car and its still coming what could i?
Old Nov 9, 2017, 05:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 91 Likes on 84 Posts
what are your tire pressures currently at? It just got cold, so when it does, all the pressure in your tires drops by about 3 or so pounds. Pas that are you sure you don't have a leak?
Old Nov 9, 2017, 05:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 113 Likes on 101 Posts
The GTS has a spare but I don't think it has TPMS. So I'd recommend you get a tire gauge and check your pressures. The OE pressure specs are printed on a sticker in your driver's side door jamb. You could also have a slow leak in one tire if it's not temp related.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 12:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
Or a battery in one of the sensors is failing.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 09:15 AM

I'm having this same issue. Had the issue when i bought the car last week, just had 4 new tires put on and they rebuilt the sensors and said the light should shut off in about 10 miles and if not to come back. Well, it didnt go off. Is there a process to "reset" the light or "reset" the process over?
Old Nov 14, 2017, 11:31 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by statusleds
I'm having this same issue. Had the issue when i bought the car last week, just had 4 new tires put on and they rebuilt the sensors and said the light should shut off in about 10 miles and if not to come back. Well, it didnt go off. Is there a process to "reset" the light or "reset" the process over?
I had a tire place do that and they ended up having to pay for new sensors and to have Mitsubishi reprogram. They toss your sensors in order to sell you new ones, however not all sensors are compatible with the vehicle TPMS system. Make them fix it by taking it to Mitsubishi and replacing the sensors and re-configuring them.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 11:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 113 Likes on 101 Posts
My RA and my Evo both say "TPMS Service Required" when a sensor battery is low/dead and "Low Tire Pressure" when it reads low. It's possible a sensor is reporting incorrectly.

Go to a tire store that has a decent TPMS tool. They can check each sensor and what pressure it's reporting. You can then check the sensor reading against an actual tire gauge and see if there's a difference.

Old Nov 14, 2017, 01:35 PM

Ah shizzer that makes sense because my says ""TPMS Service Required"" not Low tire pressure. He said they took them apart and "rebuilt them" but i'm still getting the service required message.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 06:23 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by statusleds
Ah shizzer that makes sense because my says ""TPMS Service Required"" not Low tire pressure. He said they took them apart and "rebuilt them" but i'm still getting the service required message.
No, they replaced them and charged you for it. It's another way to make a few extra bucks on a tire change. They take a perfectly working TPMS sensor (your old one), throw it in the trash, and install a new one.

I only go to one tire store in town because they never do that nonsense and haven't had a problem since. Get them to pay to fix it, there was nothing to 'rebuild' on your sensor, and if they claim that have them show you them 'rebuilding' a sensor on another car in their bay.

Here is the 'rebuild' process:

- Remove TPMS sensor, it's working but pfft on that!
- Find trash can - throw working sensor in it, extra points if you don't hit the sides
- Install new ****tier TPMS sensor that cost them 2 dollars, and charge you $20
- Let you drive away then your sensors go ape**** within a mile or so

**** all that - they owe you new sensors, and the cost of getting them calibrated. Mitsubishi will charge you about an hour to do that on all four corners, that's on THEM, not YOU. Good luck!