Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Silencer?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2017, 11:28 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Silencer?

Hello,

I'm currently running the Tomei Catback TI exhaust and my Evo is tune. I was thinking about putting in the silencer for long drive since the Evo X drones like crazy on the highway. Does anyone know if putting on the silencer would affect my tune? Would it be safe to drive with the silencer on?

Thanks
Old Nov 11, 2017, 12:34 PM
Evolving Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Evo 8 here not a X, but I actually had my car tuned with a silencer installed. My tuner thought it might be holding things back so he removed it. Made no real difference on my setup. Every car is different, but it was a 1-3 horsepower difference and wasn't worth the extra sounds.
I'm guessing you'd be just fine seeing as you're just talking about commuting in the car. If we were talking about running a track that's a different story.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 06:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shoulnt make a difference. If you take it out and drive down the road short distance without a issue. Chjeck the AF and its not having any difference leave it out and keep going...
Old Nov 18, 2017, 07:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
maby create some turbo lag due to back pressure?