Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Please help?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2018, 06:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please help?

I have a 2015 evo final edition (0069). I bought it with 1400 miles and now have 22,000 with no problems so far except for one. Like the last 2,000 miles or so every now and then the abs service,4wd service,etc will all come on together and then my traction off light comes on. Turn the car off and it goes away. I took it in for maintaince and to have it looked at the dealer and was told it wasn't a big deal, it was just a over rev code. I don't ever even rev it over 4,000 when shifting though or drive hard, does that sound right? He did also say my tires need replaced though ( said they just good for around 20,000 miles) Does anyone know what is causing this? I also use royal purple and Lucus oil stabilizer, would that effect anything? Would the worn down tires be starting to confuse the computer or something?

Last edited by Erick Hart; Feb 28, 2018 at 07:07 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old Feb 28, 2018, 08:23 PM
Evolving Member

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts
Is one tire more worn or different than the others?
Old Feb 28, 2018, 09:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 91 Likes on 84 Posts
Check the fluid level of your AYC pump in the trunk. Yes your tires will not last long on these cars, only thing to help that is to get a good AWD alignment and ask for zero toe so it doesn't chew the tires as much.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 10:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Long shot here but have you checked the awc fluid resovoir in the trunk? I assume the final editions still have this resovoir but what makes me think it could be low is you say the issue goes away when things cool down. And I’ve heard that happens because as fluid flows back into the resovoir from the transfer case the issue goes away until the system is warmed up again. So while the system is hot see if the resovoir is empty. And then when cool is it full or low?
Old Feb 28, 2018, 10:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah so was composing relply while napalm was replying. So second his response
Old Mar 2, 2018, 08:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It doesn't even have to warm up, it has done it 2 minutes after starting the car and after I turn the car off and instantly back on it goes away. The other day I literally started it and moved probably no more than 500 yards when it did it.

Last edited by Erick Hart; Mar 2, 2018 at 08:50 AM. Reason: Adding
Old Mar 2, 2018, 09:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 113 Likes on 101 Posts
Take it back to the dealer or get a code reader and looked for pending DTCs.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 12:16 PM
c08

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Yeah getting the specific codes and then going from there would be a good idea.

I also recently saw a post somewhere else about someone having a similar problem with their ralliart (they had AWD, ABS, and ASC warnings). Some of the suggestions people made were:
1. Issue with wheel speed sensor (apparently problems with them affect ABS, AWD, and ASC).
2. Bad / weak battery
3. A few people said that an alignment took care of it for them, not really sure how though

Also, as someone else mentioned, if there is too big of a difference in tire circumference due to uneven wear I'm guessing it might cause problems similar to this as well.

Edit: If it is under warranty I would make sure the dealer covers everything too (unless it is a tire or alignment issue). It doesn't seem acceptable to me for them to tell you an issue causing all those warning lights isn't a big deal.

Last edited by c08; Mar 2, 2018 at 12:29 PM.