Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

From Pikes Peak White to Wicked White

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2018, 05:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
From Pikes Peak White to Wicked White

Hey forum!

I just got my 13 Evo X GSR Today after selling my 08 350Z of 8 years. It was tough to let the Z go as she only had 71k miles but since my son has been here 6 months I've lost so much interest in cars so it was time to get a more family friendly ish car. The Evo will be my weekend car still as I have a work vehicle with free gas. The main difference is any little errand we run can be done with the family and in a fun car that doesn't suck. I was an active member of my350Zdotcom and hope I can be on here too. I'e
Already researched some stuff using site:evolutionmdotnet on Google.

anywho

Here are some crap pix of the Evo and My Z
Old Mar 15, 2018, 06:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Congrats and nice car.
The following users liked this post:
POWAAH (Mar 15, 2018)
Old Mar 15, 2018, 08:37 AM
Evolving Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
*LIKE*

Congrats on the purchase OP! People say WW is too plentiful but sure love mine. lol
POWAAH (Mar 15, 2018)
Old Mar 15, 2018, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by ChipperEvo
*LIKE*

Congrats on the purchase OP! People say WW is too plentiful but sure love mine. lol

really? All I saw when searching was the Rally Red and greys. I would have like to see an Octane Blue in person, but this gal with 55k and the previous owner in town was perfect for me.

I snapped another picture before hitting some twisties.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 06:13 AM
Evolving Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
That seems to be consensus but I agree, I don't really see WW ones in my area. I see one other one around town but that's about it.

Reading the forum, people seem to think WW is the most common.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by ChipperEvo
That seems to be consensus but I agree, I don't really see WW ones in my area. I see one other one around town but that's about it.

Reading the forum, people seem to think WW is the most common.
Prolly cuz it's the fastest color

I saw one other stock body WW Evo here in KC the day this one went up for sale............it was a sign!

This car has the aero package, back up sensors, and the hokey blue footwell lights.

I pulled the muffler off it last night to see what it would sound like(ish) with a muffler delete, and it wasn't loud enough. I plan to order the Invidia N1 on Sunday after we sort out the money from selling the Z.

I'm glad I got to finally take her out last night on my favorite road since it's rainy today. The road I drive is typically a 3rd/4th in the Z and I barely hit 4th in the Evo. I maintained speed so well and was got into boost quickly so I rarely had to downshift. This thing is super planted feeling, and the steering is super light compared to the Z (I had 18x10.5 wheels up front). Also, the Z had raw power (a whole 276RWHP) but it would plant me in the seat. The Evo is more gradual power that you don't feel planted until you let off the gas. I hope to get out and get some more pictures and take the whole family for a ride soon.

Btw-here's my first official mod:

Last edited by POWAAH; Mar 16, 2018 at 09:32 AM. Reason: Add picture
Old Mar 16, 2018, 08:31 AM

By the way.... do all Evos come with super bright dome lights? I feel like I have a sunburn just from installing my dash mount for my phone last night!!!
Old Mar 16, 2018, 09:31 AM
Evolving Member

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
Probably LEDs installed by PO.
POWAAH (Mar 16, 2018)
Old Mar 17, 2018, 06:28 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That TK knob is a great start. Looking forward to seeing what comes next

Congrats on the pick up! Those Z cars are a lot of fun, but I think you'll enjoy this one a bit more
Old Mar 17, 2018, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by JimmyGSR
That TK knob is a great start. Looking forward to seeing what comes next

Congrats on the pick up! Those Z cars are a lot of fun, but I think you'll enjoy this one a bit more
I had the TK in the Z and it made a world if difference in its notchy trans. It just looks cool in the Evo! I will eventually research short shifters for the X as I've only ready one thread about a Kartboy ss and "shift cage"(?) Taking away some of the clunk in the shifts. I have 20mm spacers in the mail (I don' want to start a spacers war here....) and I plan on ordering my Invidia catback tomorrow. Then it'll be fluid change and start the fund for tires. Thanks for the reply and it seems like I'll learn more about the X as I go than I did in the Z. I can't wait yo get my son and wife in it for a real ride to see what she thinks! (He's 6 months so he'll smile no matter what)
Old Mar 21, 2018, 02:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
The TWM full replacement shifter cage is probably what he was talking about:

Hope you enjoy your evo. I've had mine since '08 and many times looked at trading it for a Z. Your Z is very clean and beautiful, hoping you enjoy the evo as well.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by ddawg1130
The TWM full replacement shifter cage is probably what he was talking about:

Hope you enjoy your evo. I've had mine since '08 and many times looked at trading it for a Z. Your Z is very clean and beautiful, hoping you enjoy the evo as well.
I have read more about the shifter cage ($550 im not ready to spend just yet)

thanks for the kind words about my Z. She was (and should still be) a phenomenal car. I went through many phases with her but the end result was function. I hope to do the same with the Evo once I pay her off. I plan to upgrade stuff as it needs repaired, but I plan to drive as is for a while (well, once I put my catback on tomorrow)

the 350Z value has almost hit rock bottom so if you want one as a side car it'd be pretty easy to find a decent one if you do research. Shoot for the 07-08 if you have the option tho.