Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Side Skirt Hanging

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2018, 07:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Side Skirt Hanging

Anyone know how to fix This? I tried a zip tie but it won’t stay flush. I change the bracket behind it and still won’t mount right. Those brackets suck bad btw. The clips on he bracket don’t even go in. Yes I know the mess on there. Previous owner had it like this. I tried to reinstall them but no good. New to the Evo aswell.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 05:36 AM
Evolving Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Are you sure that it is sitting in there correctly? There should be a "slot" where the little ledge should fit in to (by ledge I mean the section that has those 3 rectangles cut in to for the tabs.

I had a similar issue when it came loose after I ran over a huge chunk of ice that the car in front decided to unload in the middle of the road last winter. Was sitting like that until I fitted it into the "slot".

Didn't even have to put in new tabs for the 3 holes. sits very flush now.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 08:46 AM

Im gonna try to reinstall it. You install from the front first right ? Yeah those little holes for the tabs don’t even fit in either side
Old Jun 27, 2018, 05:49 AM
Evolving Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
I didn't even have to take it off but i'm sure it helps to just reinstall it.

I just used a flat head screw driver to lift up the ledge area over the "slot". Sorry to keep calling it a slot but I don't know how else to describe it.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 06:34 PM

I tried to lifting but still nothing.i will still try some other time when I have time. That is annoying me lol. The tabs on the bracket don’t even grab either. I couldn’t really see the slot.