Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

such thing as an ETS resonated tp?

Old Jul 9, 2018, 06:40 PM
Evolving Member

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
such thing as an ETS resonated tp?

hello everyone,

I have been looking into exhaust modifications and have been researching the "test pipe vs. resonated test pipe vs. hfc" question. there isn't a clear cut winner with everyone having their opinion on which one provides more hp, less smell, less noise, etc etc. majority of the threads ive read all say that a resonated test pipe is gonna be better for reducing noise and maintaining somewhat power. ive been looking at ETS since I plan on getting an exhaust from them. either the ti single exit or the v2. still debating with or without resonators. my question is does ETS even sell a resonated test pipe anymore. I google it and all that comes up is their regular test pipe and there HFC. am I missing something? is the HFC the resonated test pipe? thanks in advance
Old Jul 10, 2018, 09:29 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
Yes, we do sell it.

Evo X Test Pipe

Just click the drop down to add a resonator.

The resonator shouldn't effect HP. Its more there to help with drone and make it just a little quieter. If you plan to run the titanium single exit or a V2 a resonator isn't really required on the stock turbo. If you plan to go with a turbo kit down the road I would probably put a resonator in. The turbo kits make the cars ALOT louder.

- Robert
Old Jul 10, 2018, 09:32 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
I have found that the resonator does a better job being in the mid pipe (where the factory resonator is) than in the test pipe. In the test pipe it just changes the tone more so than actually making the exhaust quieter.

So, get an ETS exhaust with mid-pipe resonator, and a test pipe with no resonator..
The following users liked this post:
Blue_Lion (Dec 21, 2018)
Old Jul 11, 2018, 11:37 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ETS Michael
Yes, we do sell it.

Evo X Test Pipe

Just click the drop down to add a resonator.

The resonator shouldn't effect HP. Its more there to help with drone and make it just a little quieter. If you plan to run the titanium single exit or a V2 a resonator isn't really required on the stock turbo. If you plan to go with a turbo kit down the road I would probably put a resonator in. The turbo kits make the cars ALOT louder.

- Robert
well, this is awkward.. completely skipped over the drop down menu. Sorry for the silly question.
just to clarify, when you say a resonator isn’t required, are you referring to it in the test pipe or on the exhaust midpipe
Old Jul 11, 2018, 11:38 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by letsgetthisdone
I have found that the resonator does a better job being in the mid pipe (where the factory resonator is) than in the test pipe. In the test pipe it just changes the tone more so than actually making the exhaust quieter.

So, get an ETS exhaust with mid-pipe resonator, and a test pipe with no resonator..
I appreciate your suggestion! Thanks!!
Old Jul 11, 2018, 01:24 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue_Lion

well, this is awkward.. completely skipped over the drop down menu. Sorry for the silly question.
just to clarify, when you say a resonator isn’t required, are you referring to it in the test pipe or on the exhaust midpipe
Really if your on stock turbo a resonator isn't required at all but if your going to run one I would put it in the mid pipe. They work better there.

Thanks,
Robert
The following users liked this post:
Blue_Lion (Jul 11, 2018)
Old Jul 11, 2018, 04:40 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ETS Michael
Really if your on stock turbo a resonator isn't required at all but if your going to run one I would put it in the mid pipe. They work better there.

Thanks,
Robert
perfect! thank you for the feedback! much appreciated!