2013 Evo MR - Dealership Question... - EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

2013 Evo MR - Dealership Question...

Old Jul 13, 2018, 05:06 PM

2013 Evo MR - Dealership Question...

So on paper, it looks great - 46K miles for a 2013 MR @ 23K$.

My biggest concern is that the rep I spoke with has no idea what mods have been done to it, and seemed completely clueless to what mods even are. I know for sure from just looking at it, theres been tuning. I kept asking for somebody to produce a list of the mods, and nobody really could help me out. I know for sure there is a Cobb accessport, blow off valve, intake, downpipe, and tuned to e85.

Now where things get wonky for me...is that this dealership is adamant of two things -
1. The original "drivetrain" warranty from Mitsubishi goes up to 100,000 miles or 5 years...the expired "powertrain warranty" 5 year/60k miles is separate coverage.
2. The extended warranty from the dealership (4K$) would cover everything upon failure.

So the questions...my main concern is having the car covered under a warranty. I know these things, especially if modded, can be roughed up.

1. From what I can gather, Mitsubishi's "Powertrain" warranty includes drivetrain components, and is in fact expired. Is there a separate warranty that covers drivetrain components up to 100K miles?

2. Does an extended warranty really cover failures with all these mods? If they sell me the 4K extended warranty, and I do no additional mods to the car - is the warranty really a guarantee? It just seems too good to be true...

Any help is appreciated to an evo noob. Thanks!
Old Jul 13, 2018, 11:47 PM
Evolved Member

Just pass on a used MR man, there are better cheaper cars out there. GSR in an EVO or nothing - seriously I speak from experience
Old Yesterday, 03:40 PM
EvoM Moderator

No, extended warranties will not cover the power-train. Plenty of threads on here of members buying used Evos and then not having work covered under warranty even though the dealer they bought it from said it would.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.