Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Recommended Tuner in Ontario Canada

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2019, 10:03 AM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Recommended Tuner in Ontario Canada

Looking to have a tune done on my 2014 Evo X MR, can anyone recommend other than Magnus who from what I read will shy away from low-dollar opportunities?

Really needs to have TC-SST experience, my car is very much stock except for the Cobb AP OTS and high flow filter, just looking to make the nice gains that I got from Cobb OTS 91 Oct Stage 1+ CHFF LWG tune not boost to 28+ lbs and not dump raw fuel out of the tail pipes lol. Yes, I said "LWG", normal wastegate produced 30lbs ffs.

Cheers,
Rev
Old Feb 7, 2019, 11:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 91 Likes on 84 Posts
I'd get an e-tuner if an MR friend - hit up Kozmic motorsports they are best in the business with the MR...
Old Feb 7, 2019, 12:48 PM

Would rather have a dyno tune, e-tunes seem like a .5 step ahead of OTS maps,

Boostin Performance is 8 hours away but I'd make the trip if there's nothing local.

Cheers,
Rev
Old Feb 7, 2019, 06:29 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RevMaynard
Would rather have a dyno tune, e-tunes seem like a .5 step ahead of OTS maps,

Boostin Performance is 8 hours away but I'd make the trip if there's nothing local.

Cheers,
Rev
Bit off with the e-tunes with a capable tuner. No joking, Kozmic motorsports has really been top of the pile for the MR transmission. They happen to be local to me but I know the quality of their tunes first hand / long relationship.

If you can find a good tuner driving distance, do that for sure, but I would make sure they are AWESOME with the SST.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 07:14 PM

Maybe so but I want to see the chart and hit a target curve not ping files back and forth just to hit theoretical numbers by someone I haven’t met in real life. There are a few in my area, none of them have a good name on this site from whay Ive read. Boostin knows MR, just a long *** drive.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 08:53 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RevMaynard
Maybe so but I want to see the chart and hit a target curve not ping files back and forth just to hit theoretical numbers by someone I haven’t met in real life. There are a few in my area, none of them have a good name on this site from whay Ive read. Boostin knows MR, just a long *** drive.
Then I'd head to boostin - but keep in mind you're not doing some high custom build - you're talking basic bolt ons with some logging to account for elevation. To suggest Kozmic or other viable e-tuners are just getting you to hit theoretical numbers and it wouldn't be a completely amazing tune even if 'e-tuned' is a bit harsh and patently false. E-tuners are a solid solution for many. And the one that I mentioned, you have a fellow enthusiast vouching for them. (also others can vouch for Kozmic, I'm not alone)

Anyway, good luck with the tune with boostin in the end just trying to help a fellow MR owner as I had one and went through all of it with that car so have some experience to draw from. People ship their SST's to Kozmic to work on from all over the world - they're that good.

-Peace
The following users liked this post:
RevMaynard (Feb 8, 2019)
Old Feb 8, 2019, 03:39 AM

I really appreciate your insight NE.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 08:03 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Four Star in George Town does tunes, but with just a Cobb AP and filter you won't be getting much gains from it.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 08:13 AM

Thanks kelevo. I'm e-tuning with AMS right now using the Cobb AP and the gains are quite impressive. Very happy with their service.

Cheers
Rev