Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Evo X Mr transmission Failure

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2019, 01:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evo X Mr transmission Failure

I recently baught a 2014 evo X MR with 47k miles on it. I was pulling onto the highway and i started to accelerate and i got into 5th gear and the transmission shifted all the way down to 1st going about 60 mph and no matter how many times I pressed the gas the car wouldnt move it would only rev up and i got a “transmission maintenance required” light. I had to roll onto the shoulder and turn the car off then back on. The light showed up again but went away and the car was shifting normal again. It has happened to me twice once in automatic normal mode and once in sport manual mode. Does anyone know what this could be?
Old Feb 11, 2019, 01:28 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
Call dealer with your VIN, see if the warranty is still active. Do it to today lol.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 01:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 91 Likes on 84 Posts
Generally that would be a magnet in the transmission going out and the gears lock out - estimated $3500 to fix roughly. (ask me how I know)

Good luck - If you have to get it repaired, Kozmic Motorsports is a great place to do it, or Jacks Transmissions. I'd send to Kozmic personally but because of where you are that drives up the price to repair as you'd have to pull the transmission then ship it both ways - not fun to pull from what I know. So probably around $5k repair - if you're lucky.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 05:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
any updates? having the same issue