Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Intermittent Cruise Control

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2019, 12:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Intermittent Cruise Control

I have an an issue with cruise control I recently fitted in sometimes it can be switched on and sometimes it can't.
GSR SST FQ300

I have noticed a couple of things, some of which from the forums:
1. I have aftermarket rear LED lights fitted (not by me)
2. I noticed that the cruise control dash light went off when my headlights came on in auto mode
3. If I turn on ignition without starting engne for a period of time (e.g. adjust dashcam, program aftermarket DAB) on starting engine I lose cruise control. In this case it is only able to be switched on after a long period of ignition off

I strongly suspect from forums that the LED rear lights are to blame due to resistance issues, especially given 2 above.
I have tested brake switch and it is adusted correctly.

My question is twofold:
Is it the rear LED lights causing the issue?
Does any one have a definitive resistor value to put in series for LED rear lights to so that resistances matches stock lights?

Thanks.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 08:23 AM
Evolving Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by simondo
2. I noticed that the cruise control dash light went off when my headlights came on in auto mode
3. If I turn on ignition without starting engne for a period of time (e.g. adjust dashcam, program aftermarket DAB) on starting engine I lose cruise control. In this case it is only able to be switched on after a long period of ignition off
To me - these two things sound like you are shorting out the circuit someplace.