Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

evoscan logging with AEM obd2 X series Wideband

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2021, 04:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
evoscan logging with AEM obd2 X series Wideband

Please help me setup data logging AFRs with AEM X series OBD2 Gague in Evoscan.
Old May 13, 2021, 04:51 PM

car im using it on is JDM EVO X
Old May 14, 2021, 09:53 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Im not super familiar with the x series, but does it have any type of data log output wire? or is it just the obd2 plug? It must have a sensor that it comes with right? I don't think the evos have a oem high resolution o2. Besides that, you need the Tactrix openport connector plugged in to log anyway.

I use the old UGEO and it has a wire for data that you would use with a AEM ecu.

I have that plugged into one of the pins that are on a serial to usb cable i bought. When i log with evoscan, i plug that usb into the laptop, click on the wideband tab, assign the specific usb com port i have it attached to on the laptop, then i just select UEGO from the list of sensors.

I know it also possible to use the disabled o2 sensor wires (provided you have mode 23 with the 2nd o2 disabled). Ive never done that, so i can't give you any details.

Anyway, i would imagine the X series has some way to export live data to another source (i.e. a AEM infinity ecu). If it does, figure out what it is and what type of signal its sending. If its like other AEM wideband gauge systems, the serial to usb method may work.

I found that method pretty easy. Once i had the serial to usb cable, i just located the proper pin for the signal and for the ground, and after assigning it in EVOscan, i started getting a Wideband AFR value while logging.

If that explanation helps at all, and you can give more info on the AEM gauge kit, i might be able to give you more. Good luck.
Old May 15, 2021, 06:04 PM

its the OBD2 model 30-0311, doesn't have a output wire like the other models. link to product below.
https://www.aemelectronics.com/produ...x-series/obdii
Old May 16, 2021, 04:04 AM
Evolving Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
i had a look at the product page. This isnt a wideband sensor.. it is a guage for your engine data via odb2 port.

You cant log AFR with this
Old May 17, 2021, 05:43 AM

https://www.aemelectronics.com/produ...and-uego-obdii
Sorry I posted the Wrong product link . It is a AFR Wideband. not the datastream gauge.
When I bought it I thought this would be easier to log with for the evo X , Specially since my PC has only one usb port which is for tactrix.
Old May 17, 2021, 06:10 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 704 Likes on 592 Posts
you can just wire in the 0-5v analog output of almost any wideband into the ECU directly and log it through Evoscan. I'm not sure if this thread has all the info you will need, but it should get you started

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...ut-serial.html
Old Jul 20, 2021, 02:40 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Has anybody been able to accomplish this?
The AEM gauge (30-0334) claims
"AEM's X-Series Wideband UEGO AFR Sensor Controller Gauge with OBDII integration. This provides tuners who are using piggyback tuning modules or open source software with the ability to view AFR through the factory CAN-bus stream that is output by the factory ECU"
Sounds so simple like the wideband AFR data should come as a new PID that the AccessPort or AccessTuner would recognize and log the value. No slicing, tapping, soldering, serial port hacking... should be required.
If anyone has tried and had any success or failure please let me know.
Old Sep 9, 2021, 08:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bump. I would also like to know how to do this, I also have the aem wb02 obd2 using raxpatch. How would you input or configure this all to work with evoscan and torque pro. Thanks in advance
Old Feb 5, 2022, 12:45 AM

hello

In any case, I'm sure the X series offers a mechanism to export live data to a different source (i.e. a AEM infinity ecu). Figure out what it is and what sort of signal it is transmitting if it does. The serial to USB approach may work if it's similar to previous AEM wideband gauge systems.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 07:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To knock. I might likewise want to know how to do this, I additionally have the aem wb02 obd2 utilizing raxpatch. How might you input or design all of this to work with evoscan and force professional. much obliged ahead of time
Old Mar 3, 2022, 04:41 AM

Unfortunately I still haven't come up with a solution for this. Everyone is just using use the output wire to usb but this is not a solution the purpose of this obd2 wideband gauge should be to make logging much easier without having to do nay of this . I have tried time and time again but doesn't seem to work on my JDM EVO X. logging is different for the jdm evo rax doesn't work either data it captures is just inaccurate. I have reached out to AEM and EVOSCAN and various professional evo tuners but no one seems to know.
Old Sep 9, 2022, 07:31 AM

Hamish from evoscan provided me with the request ID to make it work. Ok so yep you can add to evoscan this request id

0007E6022401
Old Sep 9, 2022, 07:33 AM

However I have tried this and still nothing is being logged. data just shows Zero. IDK if i am missing something or setting some other value wrongly.

See picture of settings i Used
Old Sep 9, 2022, 08:47 AM
Evolving Member

Received 115 Likes on 105 Posts
are you using 0-5v wire through rear o2 or are you using serial cable?

Quick Reply: evoscan logging with AEM obd2 X series Wideband