Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Lancer Evolution X News, Info, Pics, etc... | [ALL THREADS MERGED]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2006, 10:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hope they change the front, the rest looks good
Old Feb 12, 2006, 05:13 AM

lol broddey have some fate,
Old Feb 13, 2006, 12:14 PM
Evolving Member

Go back to ricer-tech, lol.
Old Feb 13, 2006, 12:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
drives: honda.

Wow, you guys are so cool. It seems that this site is no better then any the Honda sites anymore. When someone asks a legitimate question. Your probably the same people that are racists, never learned anything in school, and are in dead end jobs for the rest of you life. It's little quips like the ones you've fired off, that cause threads to go off track when they are acctually meant to spark conversation, so that the thought process can beging about moding these new engines that nobody has a clue about yet, but you insist on finding some inforamtion negative of otherwise, to make you look as though your something special. When, in all actuality you idiots. That fact of the matter is, yes I do own a Honda. It happens to be supercharged Prelude and does well for a FWD car. I have many cars under my belt. Not to mention a Turbo NSX. Have you ever stoped to think for a moment that I have already built an Evo VIII. Grow the Eff up, and let progress continue, if you want to be here during the process cool, if not **** off. I'm out.
Old Feb 13, 2006, 12:42 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by FluxedSpeed
you guys are so ****in ignorant. unbelieveable, its **** like that that embarasses me to be part of this forum.
Old Feb 13, 2006, 12:47 PM
Evolving Member

Can't we all just get along???

I mean damn!!! We are all Enthusiasts of one thing and that is 4 wheels that carry us around and depreciate..lol sad but true!!!
Old Feb 13, 2006, 12:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by FluxedSpeed
Above posted by a Subie owner. Trust me, I've been one, they are a LOT more cinical on their forums!
Old Feb 13, 2006, 01:04 PM

jawns hot
Old Feb 13, 2006, 01:23 PM
Evolved Member

An all-aluminum motor is certainly better with respect to handling characteristics (better weight distribution). However, in my experience, cylinder wall distortion and overall strength are the most common downfalls with high hp aluminum blocks. I used block filler to help my application years ago.

Dave
Old Feb 13, 2006, 01:28 PM
Account Disabled

they replaced something that wasn't broken.

The first few years of new Evo X owners are going to be the guinea pigs to test and tune and see what goes wrong with it, imo.

it's not yet proven and it maybe too early to say anything about the engine itself without talking about the supporting modification that the engine may have, because Engine is only good as it's supporting elements.
Old Feb 13, 2006, 01:37 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SWOLN
Wow, you guys are so cool. It seems that this site is no better then any the Honda sites anymore. When someone asks a legitimate question. Your probably the same people that are racists, never learned anything in school, and are in dead end jobs for the rest of you life. It's little quips like the ones you've fired off, that cause threads to go off track when they are acctually meant to spark conversation, so that the thought process can beging about moding these new engines that nobody has a clue about yet, but you insist on finding some inforamtion negative of otherwise, to make you look as though your something special. When, in all actuality you idiots. That fact of the matter is, yes I do own a Honda. It happens to be supercharged Prelude and does well for a FWD car. I have many cars under my belt. Not to mention a Turbo NSX. Have you ever stoped to think for a moment that I have already built an Evo VIII. Grow the Eff up, and let progress continue, if you want to be here during the process cool, if not **** off. I'm out.
+1
Old Feb 13, 2006, 01:39 PM
Evolving Member

Don't mind those noobs. 90% of the people on this site are cool, and have something intelligent to contribute. As for the engine I have no doubt it will be better..hence evolution..hehe. Most people don't like the new engine because: 1- the 4G63 is tried and true, 2- having to wait for developement of new parts...and all new testing of those parts. Product developement should go really quick though for such a popular car.
Old Feb 13, 2006, 02:03 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by forbidden color
they replaced something that wasn't broken.

The first few years of new Evo X owners are going to be the guinea pigs to test and tune and see what goes wrong with it, imo.

it's not yet proven and it maybe too early to say anything about the engine itself without talking about the supporting modification that the engine may have, because Engine is only good as it's supporting elements.
+1000 I love the 4G63, no matter how many I've crankwalked or blew up
Old Feb 13, 2006, 02:05 PM
Evolving Member

wasnt the VII and down like that? they have the intake hole in the back DS of the hood. At least you won't need the heater on.
Old Feb 13, 2006, 02:14 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by travelsize420
drives: honda.

silly post, of course it can be better
wow, what a mature answer

bet you wouldnt be saying that if you were driving an S2000 or an NSX huh?

But to answer the question, I think the people who are negative towards the next evo motor either really know what they're talking about (which are few) or are people who just bash on it because its the 'in' thing nowadays

Personnaly, I'd love to see a new motor in the next evo. Imagine, 2.0L turbo with an IRTB setup ala RB26DETT.

Quick Reply: Lancer Evolution X News, Info, Pics, etc... | [ALL THREADS MERGED]