Notices
Evo X How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

Request: Hella Supertone horn Install

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2008, 12:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by switchblade906
damn those horns look way out of place, should try and mount them under the intercooler or something
that is why you notice them most of the times.
Old Oct 12, 2008, 02:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where did you take the +12 power feed from? It may seem like an obvious question, but aren't these things quite high amps (don't want to be popping other fuses everytime you hit the horn)?

I'm in the process of adding in some extra horns now (not as big as the hellas, but still needing a relay).

Last edited by FQStormTrooper; Oct 12, 2008 at 02:43 AM.
Old Nov 8, 2008, 10:47 PM
Account Disabled

Where can I purchase a hella horn at for the Evo x?
Old Nov 9, 2008, 04:21 AM
Evolved Member

www.rallyarmor.com
Old Nov 26, 2008, 06:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
My Evo 8 didn't need to use the relay - according to the additional tips & instructions sheet included by my vendor for the Hellas, most modern cars don't require the relay - it's only included for older cars (mostly that didn't come with an airbag). Just wondering if you really need the relay on the X?
Old Jan 6, 2009, 01:07 PM
Evolving Member

Why couldnt they make it symetrical like this?

Name:  billr1.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  171.8 KB
Old Jan 6, 2009, 01:22 PM
Evolving Member

i think you can posiition it how ever you want,

there is a mount.

and that sir is one ugly -------
Old Jan 6, 2009, 03:29 PM
Evolving Member

damn that sti is sick
Old Jan 6, 2009, 03:34 PM
Evolved Member

that STI is a killer .
Old Jan 6, 2009, 08:00 PM
Evolved Member

ya i would mount them symmetrical ... that STi looks mean as hell
Old Jan 7, 2009, 03:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mj23foreva
Why couldnt they make it symetrical like this?

Those horns are so large compared to stock 8 horns that I moved mine from in front of the radiator. I wouldn't want them where this STI has them - looks nice, but a step backwards from a performance perspective, IMO.
Old Jan 8, 2009, 08:17 PM
Evolving Member

Any sound clips on the hella horns? The stock horn is kind of gay and I would definitely replace it when I have some extra cash. Can the red easily be removed? Id want to paint it black when I put them on.
Old Jan 9, 2009, 12:28 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by malves85
Any sound clips on the hella horns? The stock horn is kind of gay and I would definitely replace it when I have some extra cash. Can the red easily be removed? Id want to paint it black when I put them on.
you can check around, im pretty sure hella makes other horns as well as other companies, i forget the names but do a search some other members have installed other horns and i think they were black

it's hard to get the true sound on video, since the db is so high it distorts the microphone

mounting on the x is pretty hard. i still don't know how rob got 2 up there lol. . . i have one mounted up there and one mounted by the licp, i run the MR mesh so you can see the horn if you're on your knees

Last edited by JoeyM3; Jan 9, 2009 at 12:31 AM.
Old Jan 9, 2009, 06:26 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JoeyM3
you can check around, im pretty sure hella makes other horns as well as other companies, i forget the names but do a search some other members have installed other horns and i think they were black

it's hard to get the true sound on video, since the db is so high it distorts the microphone

mounting on the x is pretty hard. i still don't know how rob got 2 up there lol. . . i have one mounted up there and one mounted by the licp, i run the MR mesh so you can see the horn if you're on your knees
i dont know. My mechanic did the install. It was less then an hour all together. Looks like its oem , if you forget the red color
the super horn designed for the german auto bahn. So it is LOUD. Also some reason it is not much louder then my stock from inside. But you can clearly judge it from the car. The car drivers and people on the street usually get scared when i'm using it.
Old Jan 9, 2009, 03:35 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Robevo RS
i dont know. My mechanic did the install. It was less then an hour all together. Looks like its oem , if you forget the red color
the super horn designed for the german auto bahn. So it is LOUD. Also some reason it is not much louder then my stock from inside. But you can clearly judge it from the car. The car drivers and people on the street usually get scared when i'm using it.
lol yeah i did the install myself, had to make some custom mounts, you can't see them really but it works, i just wish i could have figured out a way to mount both like the sti, looks a lot meaner. but i know what you mean, i get giddy everytime i get to use my horn

Quick Reply: Request: Hella Supertone horn Install