Notices
Evo X How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

How to: Install OEM Backup Camera (above license plate)

Old Jan 8, 2019, 05:14 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
DjEclipse, thanks for all the info. I'm trying to add a back up camera to my stock navigation (MMCS) unit. What's nice about this original write up is that everything is pretty much plug-and-play. I'm just trying to find a different camera that would work but would not cost $300.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by oblivionis View Post
DjEclipse, thanks for all the info. I'm trying to add a back up camera to my stock navigation (MMCS) unit. What's nice about this original write up is that everything is pretty much plug-and-play. I'm just trying to find a different camera that would work but would not cost $300.
This thread seems to be talking about how to make the rca cammera work with MMCS.

https://www.mitsubishi-forums.com/75-2g-2007-outlander/23844-aftermarket-backup-camera.html#/topics/23844

You'll have to make an account to see the pics it seems.

Old Feb 13, 2019, 02:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wonder if the OEM camera can be able to hook up to an aftermarket radio or should I just purchase and aftermarket camera to begin with.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by Itsjdmpanda View Post
I wonder if the OEM camera can be able to hook up to an aftermarket radio or should I just purchase and aftermarket camera to begin with.
It will depend on the type of connection the after market radio has and what the oem cammera uses.

Most aftermarket systems use the yellow rca video connection and most oem cammera use a multi pin type.

Do you have either the oem cammera or the aftermarket stereo? Just check what connection they use .
Old Feb 15, 2019, 05:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 49 Likes on 45 Posts
You should be able to wire it in. I have a RCA-to-factory wiring adapter that I used with my 2015 OE head unit so you should be able to wire it up the other way. You'd have to hack up the factory harness though.....
Old Feb 15, 2019, 06:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DjEclipse View Post
It will depend on the type of connection the after market radio has and what the oem cammera uses.

Most aftermarket systems use the yellow rca video connection and most oem cammera use a multi pin type.

Do you have either the oem cammera or the aftermarket stereo? Just check what connection they use .
I'll have to see as I'm planning to pick up an android headunit