Notices
Evo X How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

How to: Install OEM Backup Camera (above license plate)

 
Old Jan 8, 2019, 05:14 AM
  #31  
Newbie
 
oblivionis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 38
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
DjEclipse, thanks for all the info. I'm trying to add a back up camera to my stock navigation (MMCS) unit. What's nice about this original write up is that everything is pretty much plug-and-play. I'm just trying to find a different camera that would work but would not cost $300.
oblivionis is offline  
Old Jan 8, 2019, 12:15 PM
  #32  
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Canada
Posts: 22
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by oblivionis View Post
DjEclipse, thanks for all the info. I'm trying to add a back up camera to my stock navigation (MMCS) unit. What's nice about this original write up is that everything is pretty much plug-and-play. I'm just trying to find a different camera that would work but would not cost $300.
This thread seems to be talking about how to make the rca cammera work with MMCS.

https://www.mitsubishi-forums.com/75-2g-2007-outlander/23844-aftermarket-backup-camera.html#/topics/23844

You'll have to make an account to see the pics it seems.

DjEclipse is offline  
Old Feb 13, 2019, 02:07 PM
  #33  
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 6
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wonder if the OEM camera can be able to hook up to an aftermarket radio or should I just purchase and aftermarket camera to begin with.
Itsjdmpanda is offline  
Old Feb 13, 2019, 09:49 PM
  #34  
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Canada
Posts: 22
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Itsjdmpanda View Post
I wonder if the OEM camera can be able to hook up to an aftermarket radio or should I just purchase and aftermarket camera to begin with.
It will depend on the type of connection the after market radio has and what the oem cammera uses.

Most aftermarket systems use the yellow rca video connection and most oem cammera use a multi pin type.

Do you have either the oem cammera or the aftermarket stereo? Just check what connection they use .
DjEclipse is offline  
Old Feb 15, 2019, 05:41 AM
  #35  
Evolved Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Allendale, MI
Posts: 705
Received 49 Likes on 45 Posts
You should be able to wire it in. I have a RCA-to-factory wiring adapter that I used with my 2015 OE head unit so you should be able to wire it up the other way. You'd have to hack up the factory harness though.....
splattj is offline  
Old Feb 15, 2019, 06:38 AM
  #36  
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 6
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DjEclipse View Post
It will depend on the type of connection the after market radio has and what the oem cammera uses.

Most aftermarket systems use the yellow rca video connection and most oem cammera use a multi pin type.

Do you have either the oem cammera or the aftermarket stereo? Just check what connection they use .
I'll have to see as I'm planning to pick up an android headunit
Itsjdmpanda is offline  
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Sideck
Evo Show & Shine
8
Dec 24, 2018 08:50 AM
MattevoVIII
For Sale - Part Outs
18
Apr 12, 2013 06:48 AM
markpaco
Evo X General
3
Mar 3, 2013 06:25 PM
zerocooll21
Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security
16
Jun 24, 2011 03:22 AM
bluegsr
Evo X Show & Shine
22
Sep 11, 2010 01:00 AM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How to: Install OEM Backup Camera (above license plate)


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.