Notices
Evo X How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

How to remove SAFC ?

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2009, 11:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How to remove SAFC ?

hey everyone,
I was wondering to see if anyone in here has taken off his SAFCII from his evo? I was looking for step by step process pics would be a plus thanks.
Old May 13, 2009, 12:56 PM

Do the install in reverse? Why would someone install one in an evo in the first place? OpenECU is far superior
Old May 13, 2009, 06:52 PM

right, but I didnt install it myself so therefore I have difficulty taking it out, i have whole bunch of wires connected to my ECU wires so thats confusing .
Old May 13, 2009, 09:30 PM
Evolving Member

why did you have a safc on your evo???
Old May 14, 2009, 08:47 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jmorris1027
why did you have a safc on your evo???
Why are you asking a question that has already been answered? Drop the elitist attitude.
Old May 14, 2009, 01:57 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by aschold
Why are you asking a question that has already been answered? Drop the elitist attitude.
Wow... think you kinda jumped the gun on that one dontcha think? He was just asking why he had it on and no, it had not been answered in this thread yet.
Old May 14, 2009, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by friski_nardin
right, but I didnt install it myself so therefore I have difficulty taking it out, i have whole bunch of wires connected to my ECU wires so thats confusing .
I would suggest downloading the manual from the Apexi website. I'm pretty sure the SAFCII is a piggy back style device so it probably required splicing into some wires on your ECU's wiring harness. Locate where the connections are made and undo them.
Old May 15, 2009, 01:21 PM

Ok everyone I bought the car used and SAFC was already on the car, but now that im tuning my car I dont need it anymore so therefore I need to remove it ASAP.

as far as manual I have it but its kind of confusing I was wondering to see if anyone has doen it, so that they can provide some pics on how to get it done the rigth way, so that way i dont mess up on splicing and putting wires back to where its suppose to be lol. thank you all for your responses.
Old May 16, 2009, 04:44 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Spy007
Wow... think you kinda jumped the gun on that one dontcha think? He was just asking why he had it on and no, it had not been answered in this thread yet.
No I don't. The question was already asked in the second post, and the OP said that he didn't install it, he got the car that way.
Old May 18, 2009, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by friski_nardin
Ok everyone I bought the car used and SAFC was already on the car, but now that im tuning my car I dont need it anymore so therefore I need to remove it ASAP.

as far as manual I have it but its kind of confusing I was wondering to see if anyone has doen it, so that they can provide some pics on how to get it done the rigth way, so that way i dont mess up on splicing and putting wires back to where its suppose to be lol. thank you all for your responses.
Its pretty easy even without a manual. Just simply follow every line going from the afc's wire harness to the ecu and remove it. They probably used soldier so you could resort to buying an iron yourself or simply cut the wires and rewrap the exposed wires on the ecu back up.
Old May 18, 2009, 02:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 126 Likes on 121 Posts
Hopefully the previous owner just tapped into the wires going to the ecu instead of cutting then reattaching. If so then just disconnect what is attached and then re wrap the exposed wires with electrical tape. Its really pretty strait forward. If you could snap some photos I could try to help identify the wires for you.
Old May 20, 2009, 06:47 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 135 Likes on 81 Posts
SAFC on an Evo X?
Or did you mean to post this in the 1-9 section?