Notices
Evo X How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

o2 fix?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2010, 10:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
o2 fix?

What can i use to turn off the CEL light after installing a test pipe? Is it worth picking up the AMS o2 fix? has anyone used that and not worked? the warning light isnt a big deal, but it just gets annoying at times.
Old Feb 24, 2010, 10:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Either patch it out in your ecu, or run 2 spark plug antifoulers that can be found at autozone for a few dollars. Just have to drill out one of the antifoulers, screw it on your o2 sensor, and screw the un-molested one on the very end.
Old Feb 24, 2010, 10:49 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah, ECUFlash can get rid of a lot of them now, see here:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...p1238-etc.html

FWIW, I ran every single different type of o2 spacer with my test pipe, and none worked. The L Shaped one, the normal spacers, none of them prevented, eventually, a CEL from coming on. YMMV, of course.
Old Feb 24, 2010, 10:53 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by hotdog
Yeah, ECUFlash can get rid of a lot of them now, see here:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...p1238-etc.html

FWIW, I ran every single different type of o2 spacer with my test pipe, and none worked. The L Shaped one, the normal spacers, none of them prevented, eventually, a CEL from coming on. YMMV, of course.
Yea I initially ran an antifouler that came with my exhaust and it worked fine. But I wanted to use the rear o2's input for my wideband. So I patched that **** out!

Patching it out is a way better option!
Old Feb 24, 2010, 11:00 AM

I accidentally posted this thread with my wrong account. but thanks a lot. ill definitely look into the antifouler fix. so i guess if that doesnt work i can try the ecu fix. A local shop mentioned to me that theres going to be a for sure ecu fix in a month and for me to just come in to get it flashed if its still coming on. because the previous ecu fixes caused other codes to pop up.
Old Feb 24, 2010, 11:54 AM
Evolving Member

if you don't want or do not know how to patch the ecu, try adding some steel wool. heard it works. GL
Old Feb 25, 2010, 01:41 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by villero1834
i wouldn f==k with the ecu
It's extremely easy.