Notices
Evo X How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

2007/8/9 Mynes Hood Damper installed on a 2011 EVO X

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2011, 12:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007/8/9 Mynes Hood Damper installed on a 2011 EVO X

Hi all, just wanted to do a small write up on my installation of the Mynes Hood Damper on a 2011 EVO X.

- used the 10mm and 12mm sockets.
- double sided tape
- scissors
- The Mynes Hood Damper kit

-general install instructions- follow this as a general guide.
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...0-shipped.html

After you read/see this thread, i just have some info to add to the pictures on top (the WW EVO X 2010? 2011?

the description says one thing but the pictures look totally different. I went by the pictures. here are some notes that to go along with the pictures.

+ I switched the brackets so that the long L bracket was on the hood and the short R bracket was on the fender. similar to the picture. the "ends or joints" are still facing in. (will try to upload pictures later)

+ I didn't need the washers. the bolts already came with them and the pictures don't look like they used it. its up to you though.

+ I did use double sided tape and placed it around the lock washer on the bottom of the bracket that touches the frame (of course). it prevents "spinning" brackets like others have posted in other threads.

+ the left damper will have the mynes name out but the right damper will face down so you can see it. I mean, you can turn the damper so that it faces out but I wanted to have closed and fitted all the way so that i won't loosen. you'll know what i mean if you twist the end part near the bottom of the damper. I twisted it all the way, and installed it...left one shows the name, right doesn't

* concerns:

for some reason, the right bracket joint sits close to the hood, even after putting some double sided tape on the bottom. And when i went to install the damper itself. The ball part was touching the hood. I 'm afraid that it will dent after time. but a very small dent. barely noticeable. But still. I would have like to see the brackets make a bit thicker so that there is enough clearance between the joint on the damper and the hood.

------ all in all, it works great!!! don't even have to lift it half way. I would say a quarter to about 35% up and the dampers do the rest...then slow down as it get to the top.

> if you have any questions, post up. will try my best to answer them. Once again, this is just a side bar post going off the link above for those that have newer cars and wanted to install these dampers like the picture above...Hope this helps someone that is **** and a perfectionist like me. It took me about an hour for this 10-15 min job. just because I didn't want to rush and mess up or scratch my car due to carelessness.
Old May 6, 2011, 09:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
you willl get 0 dents or issues from these dampers i installed them about 2 years ago on my gts which has an oem evo x aluminum hood and there have been 0 problems.

good write up.