Notices
Evo X How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

O the squeaks

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2012, 10:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
O the squeaks

Everytime I drive through bumps or uneven surfaces I hear squeaking (not rattle) It's coming from the rear right side speaker area or possibly somewhere right next to it, it's so frustrating to distinguish whether it's a speaker or suspension problem.

I've noticed it sounds worse when the stereo is playing songs with heavy base but still squeaks when the stereo is off.

Has anyone had this problem before ?
How can it be fixed It's so annoying.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 08:59 PM

I thought I was the only one. I hear this too
Old Dec 4, 2012, 03:29 AM

My car is just over a month old - it's got a fair number of squeaks and rattles (hence all the threads describing fixes, etc.). This squeak that you are describing was happening occasionally on mine as well and I just couldn't get it to happen when I would take it over to my local dealer so I decided that when I had my trunk interior apart this past weekend, I would try to find the source. Inside the trunk, hanging off the back deck (the parcel shelf behind the seats under the rear window), I found several electronic sensors, etc that were either mounted loosely or just tucked into slots to keep in place. I removed them and remounted them using a tiny bit of butyl rubber caulking between them and any potential metal contact and while I was into this mini project, I removed this parcel shelf, lined the read deck metal with trunk liner carpet (thin, cheap and highly flexible) then reinstalled the back deck cover. No squeaks, no rattles from there - it worked for me. Having said that, I now have dash and b-pillar rattles (including the infamous glove box rattles) to deal with. I am half-convinced that if I don't dial back my relentless search for a rattle-free car, I could end up chasing one noise after another for eternity...sooner or later, I'll just give up. I will say though that adding sound deadening material to the inside areas of the trunk has drastically reduced the resonance inside the car that my UR exhaust had - no more droning.
Old Dec 4, 2012, 08:12 AM
Evolving Member

Wall of text!
Old Dec 9, 2012, 11:13 PM

Time to pull apart the door panel and to tighten stuff up!