Notices
Evo X How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

Install ultimate racing intercooler on a X ?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2014, 04:47 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Install ultimate racing intercooler on a X ?

Hi Guys,

I had a fair amount of trouble installing this on my ralliart but I now have a 2013 evo X which has a smaller reinforcement bar but it's getting stuck on the black thing that is rivetted to the reinforcement bar.

Any ideas?

Here is a photo of it:

I have 2 methods in mind:
1. is to cut out that black bracket thing if it's possible as it seems useless considering the reinforcement bar is already connected firmly to the chassis on either side.
2. take the reinforcement bar off and refit over the top. When I done it for my ralliart i took off the reinforcement bar but when I put it back on the intercooler it did not sit flush.

I'm also worried If I do take off the bar and put it back on that it will crush the intercooler.

Hopefully I'm just looking at this wrong and overcomplicating things.

Thanks guys
Old May 4, 2014, 05:53 PM
Evolving Member

Any ideas guys
Old May 5, 2014, 02:58 PM
ikt
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
return it and buy one that fits? Cuz that doesn't fit. Also, that is going to over time rub a hole in your AC condenser. Ask me how I know this
Old May 5, 2014, 04:36 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by ikt
return it and buy one that fits? Cuz that doesn't fit. Also, that is going to over time rub a hole in your AC condenser. Ask me how I know this
Ouch! I don't know the price of an Evo X condenser, but if it's anything like the Evo 8/9...

Michael
Old May 5, 2014, 11:44 PM
ikt
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ETS Michael
Ouch! I don't know the price of an Evo X condenser, but if it's anything like the Evo 8/9...

Michael
Yeah $169 was my cost on it

TS, just buy one from mike here might as well
Old May 6, 2014, 07:56 PM
Evolving Member

I've definately heard ETS get floated around a few times and won't hesistate to get buy their product that fits. Just so surprised nobody else who had a UR intercooler didn't have this problem.

Unfortuantely the product is nearly 2 years old I had it fitted to my ralliart took it off and thought it would be direct fit for the evo(ralliart was headache install). I'll see if I can get a comment from Ultimate Racing. It never rubbed on the old ac unit in the ralliart after 1.5 years(removed the UR ic before i sold it).

Thanks for the replies though
Old May 7, 2014, 09:52 AM
ikt
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by parralegend
I've definately heard ETS get floated around a few times and won't hesistate to get buy their product that fits. Just so surprised nobody else who had a UR intercooler didn't have this problem.

Unfortuantely the product is nearly 2 years old I had it fitted to my ralliart took it off and thought it would be direct fit for the evo(ralliart was headache install). I'll see if I can get a comment from Ultimate Racing. It never rubbed on the old ac unit in the ralliart after 1.5 years(removed the UR ic before i sold it).

Thanks for the replies though
well what you hear about problem wise depends entirely on how many UR has sold and in what market. EvoM is very American, and here, ETS is quite dominant, UR not so much.

You could easily sell that UR, someone will buy it. Might as well pick up the ETS.
Old Dec 27, 2014, 11:41 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
So whatever happened with this intercooler? Did you manage to mount it?