Notices
Evo X Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

BlackTop CF V-Style Lip on PB

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2009, 12:59 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 628
It was 50% the hangers fault.

The first time installing it, I just removed the aero lip (didn't remove bumper), and kept the hanger on. The CF lip installed fine, but didn't fit properly, no matter what I did.

The second time, I took the hanger off, attempted to install the CF lip without the hanger, but there just isn't enough support without the hanger. I'd say the hanger is required.

Here's the thing though, the two metal clips on the CF lip have big holes on them, so there pretty much wasn't any way to get it to fit properly, and even if I pushed it in, and it looked fine, it slid out of place a bit after driving over a couple of bumps.

I fixed this by removing two clips from the hanger and then I attached them to the clips on the CF lip. I then used a screw to keep that clip in place (so it wouldn't slide), making a total of 2 screws in each clip. (If anyone is having trouble installing this lip, and would like details on how I fixed the fitment problems, I'm more than glad to take photos and type up some detailed instructions).

But anyway, then I installed the lip to the hanger, and it fits PERFECTLY and it feels very sturdy and tight.

I didn't drill the one hole on each corner, but the two bolts in the middle and the tight-wrapped fit are sufficient enough to keep the lip on without any side support.

Overall, the lip fits great and looks great for the price. Could have used two more holes/clips for the middle, just for peace-of-mind, but it's good enough, and I don't regret this purchase.

i just installed mine today.and im having problem to fit it right on the front where the fog lights are.still showing the color of my bumper which is red by a couple of mm on both side.whats the solution on this one?i removed the hanger but still it doesnt cover the whole bumper where the fog light are.so i put back the hanger instead to make it sturdy.any advice? and the double m tape it doesnt stick on the side, is the double m tape to thin to stick on the side?does anybody have problem like this?need advice...thanks
Old Feb 27, 2009, 01:16 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by morfhious3
i just installed mine today.and im having problem to fit it right on the front where the fog lights are.still showing the color of my bumper which is red by a couple of mm on both side.whats the solution on this one?i removed the hanger but still it doesnt cover the whole bumper where the fog light are.so i put back the hanger instead to make it sturdy.any advice? and the double m tape it doesnt stick on the side, is the double m tape to thin to stick on the side?does anybody have problem like this?need advice...thanks
regarding the double sided tap .. are you doing this in door or outside ? At colder temperature ... it's hard to stick ... might have to get new double sided tap.
Old Feb 27, 2009, 02:33 PM

nice lip
Old Feb 27, 2009, 03:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by morfhious3
i noticed this on my passenger side (still showing about 1 mm of the bumper) but not on my drivers side. there isnt much you can do about it, unless you want to trim in some other places to make it fit more "perfect".

what ravspec said about the weather on the double sided tape but mine stuck and it was about 40 outside when i did this.
Old Feb 27, 2009, 03:51 PM

Aggressive yet subtle.
Old Feb 28, 2009, 11:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I really like the lip. Carbon these days should be more descrete, it becomes OD quick. It looks best on black. Nice
Old Feb 28, 2009, 12:14 PM
Evolving Member

Looks good!
Old Mar 7, 2009, 03:44 AM

really nice on PB. Like the rear apron with canard too. Is that one CF as well?
Old Mar 19, 2009, 02:43 AM
Evolved Member

[IMG] [/IMG]