Notices
Evo X Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

RR with Rexpeed, APR and Seibon New Carbon (Finally!)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2009, 07:28 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RR with Rexpeed, APR, Seibon Carbon. Updated Pics w/ new Advan wheels and more

Well after three weeks of wait I finally got all the stuff I ordered from CRV Motorsports, not their fault. The reason why it took so long is because Seibon was waiting for a new shipment of Rear Diffusers and APR was finishing up the Vortex Generators. CRV Motorsports, Thanks Chris, did a great job getting on their *** to make sure I got my orders delivered in a timely manner. By The way the reason why I don’t have fog lights is because Seibon decided not to send me the carbon fog surrounds that I ordered with everything else. They “missed” that item while taking the order (I’m pissed ), so they said they should have a new shipment late next week and I’ll have installed pics as soon as I get them. Anyways, all I have to say is it took me a whole week to install everything and it was a major PITA! I can see why Seibon sends a disclaimer saying that should have a body shop install their products, because their **** is a pain in the *** to install! All in all and after some sanding, fiberglassing etc. I believe it turned out pretty damn good. Let me know what you guys think.

A couple new pics (5/8/09) (In case you have figured it out yet, I love this car!):

NEW PICS (5/4/09):

Since everyone kept giving me **** for my tires (Nexgen) and my vanity plate (GOTGRIP) I went ahead and got a new set of tires, and wheels while I was at it. They’re 18x10 +25 Advan RZ in dark gunmetal ( I know you haven’t seen these wheels on an evo yet ) and a set of 265x35x18 Nitto NT05 (Love them!). The NT05 really do “GOTGRIP” by the way I think the car looks definitely meaner. You will also notice the new Seibon fender vents by the way.

I had to change to the rally armor flaps since the wheels were sticking out farther than the OEM mud flaps.

I also got a custom made shift booth (matching the seats leather) since nobody seems to make them for the evo x yet.

I also covered the interior trim with the “carbon” fabric, which looks awesome by the way. If you’re still thinking about doing it, DO IT! I had to do a couple tries but it turned out great no bubbles bumps or anything.

Last but not least, I decided to decorate my engine cover with a Mitsubishi carbon emblem and an aluminum MIVEC emblem. I tried the turbo emblem, but it didn’t look right so I took it off. I also added some Gallery Fresh nuts and bolts. They are pricey! but look great.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
APR Cooling Plate:

Seibon Front Grill, Rexpeed Carbon Fiber Intercooler Side Panels, New AMS Intercooler:

Here's where I had the most problem. The Seibon grill, Rexpeed and AMS products didn't like each other so I had to do some modiffications to make it all fit.

As you can see I had the black heat vents on the engine color match painted along with the sprayers to make the hood all read. I don't dig the black vents and black scoop on the hood myself.

Here's a tease of how the fog lights will look. Just imagine them with the carbon fiber sorround trim.

Just in case you missed my post on my interior, wich by the way is looking a lot nicer now that it's starting to warm up. I guess the leather is taking the shape of the seats with the heat.

More to come...
Attached Thumbnails RR with Rexpeed, APR and Seibon New Carbon (Finally!)-front_high_view.jpg   RR with Rexpeed, APR and Seibon New Carbon (Finally!)-front_look_low.jpg   RR with Rexpeed, APR and Seibon New Carbon (Finally!)-fogs.jpg   RR with Rexpeed, APR and Seibon New Carbon (Finally!)-engine_bay.jpg  

Last edited by saulbyu; May 8, 2009 at 02:42 PM.
Old Feb 28, 2009, 07:33 PM
Evolving Member

Apr VG:

Rexpeed Side Vents (repost):

Rexpeed Side Pillar Trim:

Seibon Carbon Fiber Rear Diffuser:

Attached Thumbnails RR with Rexpeed, APR and Seibon New Carbon (Finally!)-vg_cf.jpg   RR with Rexpeed, APR and Seibon New Carbon (Finally!)-side_fender_cf.jpg   RR with Rexpeed, APR and Seibon New Carbon (Finally!)-side_pillars.jpg   RR with Rexpeed, APR and Seibon New Carbon (Finally!)-rear_diffus_rear.jpg   RR with Rexpeed, APR and Seibon New Carbon (Finally!)-rear_angle_diffuser.jpg  

Old Feb 28, 2009, 07:35 PM
Evolved Member

damn.. that's a Evo!! love the leather seats... everything on it just looks amazing... great job...

Last edited by Iceman5; Feb 28, 2009 at 07:40 PM.
Old Feb 28, 2009, 07:35 PM
Evolved Member

Nice ride!
Old Feb 28, 2009, 07:44 PM
Evolving Member

how much u get the VG for the non-navi model?
Old Feb 28, 2009, 07:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This might be a ridiculous statement, but the stenciling on that AMS FMIC looks glorious. I've seen a few blurry, iffy stencils done, but that one looks great. I hope mine comes out that good (OCD much??).

Oh, and everything else looks good too! I've always loved your interior.
Old Feb 28, 2009, 07:46 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts
rear badge looks crooked (left side seems lower)

nice car though
Old Feb 28, 2009, 08:42 PM
Evolving Member

Did you have any fitment problems with the Seibon grill?

And nice ride!!!
Old Feb 28, 2009, 08:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
very nice...like your taste...hows the fitment of the vortex gen? I was debating abt this V.Gen bcoz of the fins being small compared to the chargespeed..
Old Feb 28, 2009, 09:12 PM
Evolving Member

That diffuser is THE BUSINESS!!!!!!
Old Feb 28, 2009, 09:12 PM
Evolved Member

are those leather slip covers?
Old Feb 28, 2009, 09:35 PM

^ +1

Sexy ride!

Old Feb 28, 2009, 10:00 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Slimdatwelve209
Pm CRV Motorsports they'll give you a good deal on it and yes it's the non-navi.
Old Feb 28, 2009, 10:24 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Slimdatwelve209

^ i think you mean for the GSR model, GSRs have wind guide bulge at the roof and APR VG's was made for GSR as of this time. MR has a flat roof.

Last edited by MY08GSRX; Feb 28, 2009 at 10:26 PM.
Old Feb 28, 2009, 10:39 PM

very nice!!! did u take out the mesh infront of the intercooler or the sebion grill doesn't let u put it back on?

Quick Reply: RR with Rexpeed, APR and Seibon New Carbon (Finally!)