Notices
Evo X Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

HKS SSQV III Install

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2015, 05:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ScottSpeed21
Thanks, I do realize how MAF sensors work. But realize that the 4B11 does also have a MAP sensor that reads the boost pressure in the intake manifold which helps adjust fueling and timing accordingly. A VTA valve on this MAF and MAP equipped engine doesn't result in the issues that the solely MAF metered engines had.

People have issues with aftermarket BOVs because they don't realize their stock valve leaked and the new valve doesn't. Without being tuned for the new valve, the engine gets more air and boost pressure than it's providing fuel for which can lead to excessive knock or limp modes from hitting the airflow limits.

I've been running a VTA BOV for a year and half, daily driven, and I've had zero issues whatsoever, regardless of which tune has been flashed to the ECU. No fat rich conditions during gear shifts, no stalling at all, no jerky driving....nothing, not a single issue or problem. The car still runs and drives as smooth as it did the day I drove it off the lot. Currently I have the Tial 50mm. It cleans up the engine bay nicely, improves spool up and will hold all the boost pressure I ever throw at it without leaking.
Wow, theres facts and there is what you want to be true. FACT is that the car runs rich between shifts whether you feel it or not is irrelivant. And the factory BOV is fine for basic mods and can handle around 26 stock turbo. So the so called not tuned for the extra boost and air saved from you stock leaky valve is also false, you car has a computer which makes adjustments incase your not aware. And that small of an adidtion of air added is minimal. In fact its less of a factor then the difference in a 100 degree day vs a 10 degree day, which the computer adjusts for perfectly fine. Your ECU will compensate to a certain extent. And compensating for a BOV holding stock boost is more then capable. You should not comment on what you want to be true, its misleading and not a fact.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 11:44 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Holy thread resurrection