Notices
Evo X Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Akrapovic Titanium Exhaust - You haven't seen a system like this!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2011, 09:14 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Akrapovic Titanium Exhaust - You haven't seen a system like this!

I just got done installing and testing a brand new titanium exhaust system from Akrapovic. Im sure some of you haven't heard of the company before but if you do some research you'll see that they are the best of the best in the motorcycle world and produce very high end systems.

They have been in the automotive market for a bit now making exhaust systems for Porsche's, Benz's, Corvette's but have recently released a system for the EVO X.

The Akrapovic exhaust is unlike any other exhaust system I've seen before, the design and construction is impeccable, especially for titanium. It's hard to use words to describe it so I'll let the photos do most of the taking.

I want to mention that this exhaust retails for around $3,300 and I know that's going to be hard for some of you to understand why it costs so much. Again, look at the photos and you be the judge. Remember, its not for everyone and that's kind of the point. You're not going to see it on every Evo out there, its a very exclusive, high-end product.

Akrapovic offers several different variations for this exhaust, I got the cat-less setup with the carbon fiber tips.

At first I wasn't so sure about the carbon tips but once I saw them and installed them on the car I'm super glad I went with them over the normal titanium ones.

The next photos really speak for the construction of the system. It's beyond superb.

There's even a cast titanium divider used, good luck finding that on any other system on the market.

I'm sure Im starting to beat a dead horse here with the quality but check out the flawless welding from the inside!

Oh and the installation manual is the most thorough I have seen, it explains every step with great photos and detailed instructions.

What the system looks like installed.

I was a bit taken aback when the instructions called to use the stock heat shields onto the new titanium exhaust. These guys have thought of everything.

Am I not right about the design of the mufflers being awesome?

And a close up of the carbon fiber tip that has a titanium inner.

Looking good from underneath.

Some beauty shots from behind.

So what do I think of the sound and driving impressions? It's exactly what I would want for a daily driver. It's definitely not loud and during cruising you can barely hear it which is what I love about the exhaust so much. Step on it and it lets you know its there but not in an obnoxious way. Out of the 3 exhausts that I've had on my Evo, Tomei and Cobb being the others, this one is the quietest.

I also dyno tested it at RRE and it flows like every other system on the market. It made the same amount of power as with the other exhausts that I tested so I can say that this is having the best of both worlds, a quiet note with excellent flow. Even with the test pipe I can't imagine a cop noticing that you are running without a cat.

Last but not least here's the video I put together for the sound of the exhaust. Maybe a mod can add it to the ongoing exhaust thread?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnBrxSBiHBU
Old Mar 18, 2011, 09:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 53 Likes on 51 Posts
man that looks like a very well designed system.... doesn't surprise me as their stuff is top notch in the motorcycle industry.
Old Mar 18, 2011, 09:42 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Awsome exhaust! I have one on my zx6r and it rips!
Old Mar 18, 2011, 09:48 PM
Evolving Member

Looks awesome, but my wheels already give me enough anxiety about staying away from curbs. If I had this exhaust, I would have to kill myself if I scraped coming out of a steep driveway.
Old Mar 18, 2011, 10:13 PM
Evolving Member

Jimp
Old Mar 18, 2011, 10:35 PM
Evolving Member

ive heard of this company before and finally, installed pics on the car... its a lot quieter than your tomei set up... whats the diameter? 80mm?
Old Mar 18, 2011, 10:59 PM
Evolved Member

that's one quality cat-back system...sounds nice too
Old Mar 18, 2011, 11:02 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 724 Likes on 566 Posts
Damn I love an Akro exhaust. Cool to see theyre moving to some car applications. Expensive, but cool
Old Mar 18, 2011, 11:26 PM
Evolving Member

Nice stuff. It better install itself and do my laundry for $3400.
Old Mar 18, 2011, 11:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
at the risk of getting massively flamed, i will say that this system puts any overpriced jdm underperforming and underengineered exhausts to shame.
Old Mar 18, 2011, 11:39 PM
Evolving Member

nice exhaust...any weight specs???
Old Mar 18, 2011, 11:51 PM
Evolved Member

Nice exhaust! But oh boy look at the price! ahah ;P
Old Mar 19, 2011, 02:25 AM

Here's a barrage of questions.
Do you have the dyno comparisons vs the Tomei? Also, as already asked, do you have weight comparisons? Are the mufflers chambered / baffled? Did you get a chance to do a dB sound level comparison?

At least for the price, it's full titanium unlike the Blitz Quad tip stainless/ti tip that runs for $3k.
If you have the money, why not spend some money on baller parts after spending 30 to 40k on an Evo?
Old Mar 19, 2011, 03:25 AM

Cool!!! I want such but price
Old Mar 19, 2011, 09:59 AM

I'll take this one over the ARC one any day.

Quick Reply: Akrapovic Titanium Exhaust - You haven't seen a system like this!