Notices
Evo X Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

OB Evo X Resurrected: The Aftermath

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2011, 11:01 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OB Evo X Resurrected: The Aftermath

Well, after a long wait, my Octane Blue 2008 Evo X is fully rebuilt, tuned, and I am content with my setup for once

Long story short (it incidentally was a long story until Photobucket decided to crash my browser, deleting this post in the process... POS), my oh-so-faithful Evo left my future wife and I stranded in Mound City, Missouri (woooo!) in January of 2010. Thrown rod, oil fire damage, burnt wiring, melted sensors, and as I later found out a busted center diff (unrelated, just a temporal coincidence). Yay!

After getting married, being promoted, purchasing a new 370Z, changing jobs, and then - to top it all off - buying a new home, I decided it was time to get my Evo back on the road.

In short, it took a new OEM short block, AMS-spec JE 2618 alloy forged pistons, Manley H-beam rods (purely to keep myself from making too much power ), new engine bay wiring harness, several sensors, new injectors, and a new built transmission and upgraded/modified center diff from Jack's Transmissions in Colorado. I was fortunate enough to be able to apply several years of tuning and building SOHC 6G7x's in previous generation Mitsus in building the new 4B11T, along with developing a new tune from the ground up which would go on to make me over 450 WHP uncorrected at 4500 feet above sea level.

The finished product, with a little late-night wire tucking from last night :

Special thanks to my wife for supporting this project, despite the massive cost associated with replacing everything that was damaged and numerous nights spent tuning this beast. Also, copious amounts of respect and thanks go out to my long-time friend and powder coater Shawn Shreve of Unknown Coatings for helping me make this new setup look tip-top with a custom, self-invented flat candy red color.

Photos of my new wheel setup to come later this week... thanks for reading!

Last edited by UT_EvoX; Dec 20, 2011 at 11:27 PM.
Old Dec 21, 2011, 03:07 PM
Evolving Member

Looks fun, im jelous
Old Dec 24, 2011, 12:21 AM
Evolving Member

Need more pics man, looks really good!
Old Dec 24, 2011, 02:57 AM

Moar pics of the beast!