Notices
Evo X Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Part # for center console (cubby compartment)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2012, 04:31 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm relatively certain I can get away with not buying the console trim/cup holder. From the pictures, both look exactly the same where it meets the shifter panel.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 06:58 PM
Evolving Member

Bumping this up

I received the parts today, ordered all the parts that I needed. However, the shifter panel fits in the right place, but the plastic piece that holds the shift boot is too small. Also, the chrome garnish I ordered fits the shift boot, but is too small for the gearshift panel (gaps occur).

Any suggestions?

The part # that I received for the gearshift panel seems too be made for the SST tranmission (same part that is listed in the picture before).

Any suggestions on what to do

Update: The parts picture doesn't even show up on mitsubishiparts.net anymore...

Here is a thread from the evoxforums

http://www.evoxforums.com/forums/sho...t=45832&page=3

They list 8015A094HA as being the part number I need for the shifter panel, but this part number does not exist on any of the websites where you can order mitsubishi parts from.

Last edited by SpardaVR4; Apr 18, 2012 at 07:18 PM.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 07:34 PM
Evolving Member

If you google search for 8015A094HA and look at images the part pops up! But it doesn't appear in any websites to order from.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 06:51 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SpardaVR4
Bumping this up

I received the parts today, ordered all the parts that I needed. However, the shifter panel fits in the right place, but the plastic piece that holds the shift boot is too small. Also, the chrome garnish I ordered fits the shift boot, but is too small for the gearshift panel (gaps occur).

Any suggestions?

The part # that I received for the gearshift panel seems too be made for the SST tranmission (same part that is listed in the picture before).

Any suggestions on what to do

Update: The parts picture doesn't even show up on mitsubishiparts.net anymore...

Here is a thread from the evoxforums

http://www.evoxforums.com/forums/sho...t=45832&page=3

They list 8015A094HA as being the part number I need for the shifter panel, but this part number does not exist on any of the websites where you can order mitsubishi parts from.
I've been running this setup for 2 years in my GSR and I'm also looking for the chrome ring. I tried dremeling the shifter panel and trimming the chrome ring but never got it to fit very well. I'll try my local dealers and report back if they can get the proper chrome ring. I had forgotten all about it until I saw this thread!
Old Apr 19, 2012, 09:39 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by stokEd
I've been running this setup for 2 years in my GSR and I'm also looking for the chrome ring. I tried dremeling the shifter panel and trimming the chrome ring but never got it to fit very well. I'll try my local dealers and report back if they can get the proper chrome ring. I had forgotten all about it until I saw this thread!
Do you have the black or crosshatch pattern gearshift panel?

The chrome ring I ordered fits perfectly into the old grey trim gearshift panel my GSR originally came with.

I'm not actually looking for the chrome ring, I'm looking for the black plastic that surrounds the shift knob that the shift knob actually screws into.

It would appear that the only way to get the black gearshift panel is if you had the SST transmission. The black manual gearshift panel does not exist if you order parts, but does exist if you get a 2012 GSR with leather. I don't understand why they wouldn't make this available to purchase through parts.

Only cross hatch pattern is available for the manual gearshift panel #8015A094XA

Last edited by SpardaVR4; Apr 19, 2012 at 09:55 AM.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 10:12 AM
Evolving Member

Anyone know here the auxiliary audio input is on the 2012 evo non-navi?
Old Apr 19, 2012, 10:47 AM
Evolved Member

The chrome ring I ordered fits perfectly into the old grey trim gearshift panel my GSR originally came with.

I'm not actually looking for the chrome ring, I'm looking for the black plastic that surrounds the shift knob that the shift knob actually screws into.

It would appear that the only way to get the black gearshift panel is if you had the SST transmission. The black manual gearshift panel does not exist if you order parts, but does exist if you get a 2012 GSR with leather. I don't understand why they wouldn't make this available to purchase through parts.

Only cross hatch pattern is available for the manual gearshift panel #8015A094XA
I bought the gray crosshatch pattern gearshift panel and had it painted Phantom Black. It looks great and would be perfect with the proper chrome ring!

Mmm, that collar you're looking for might come with a new shift boot. Have asked about that?
Old Apr 19, 2012, 04:38 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by stokEd
I bought the gray crosshatch pattern gearshift panel and had it painted Phantom Black. It looks great and would be perfect with the proper chrome ring!

Mmm, that collar you're looking for might come with a new shift boot. Have asked about that?
No, haven't seen anything like that. Phantom black is the dark gray/ hazy black the interior pieces are?

Will totally paint the crosshatch pattern if that's the case.
Old Apr 22, 2012, 07:48 AM
Evolved Member

No, haven't seen anything like that. Phantom black is the dark gray/ hazy black the interior pieces are?
The interior pieces in the MR are Phantom Black. Black Evo Xs are also Phantom Black if that helps.
Old Jun 10, 2012, 11:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bumping this also looking for the piano black trim for my 2012 base gsr, i tried looking at all the websites but they wont allow you to look up 2012 car parts! i know it exists i saw it as well on leather/sunroof cars but didnt want sunroof when i was buying
Old Jun 11, 2012, 05:31 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by blackmr2
bumping this also looking for the piano black trim for my 2012 base gsr, i tried looking at all the websites but they wont allow you to look up 2012 car parts! i know it exists i saw it as well on leather/sunroof cars but didnt want sunroof when i was buying
The part is not available as a part purchase. The only trim available for the manual transmission gearshift surround is the crosshatch pattern.

The only way to get the black one is to buy an Evolution that already has the SL package.

I did the conversion and just painted to surround to phantom black. Matches just fine. Only thing that you can do, seeing as how the part does not exist.