Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Whiteline Swaybars

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2015, 06:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whiteline Swaybars

Im looking to get swaybars w/ endlinks before i buy coils and rims. i think i will get whiteline since i got a good deal and i live in CA so i dont have to worry so much about the rusting problems.

anyone have them? thoughts?
or should i go with different swaybars?
Old Apr 7, 2015, 08:34 AM

I've read nothing but good things about the Whiteline sway bar. As far as the end links, I've read of issues with the nuts backing out and coming loose.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 12:10 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have whitelines for both back and front...rear is easy to put on...front I havent put on yet...but I could already notice a dif in the rear rotation after putting it on...front is not nearly as important on our cars
Old Apr 7, 2015, 01:38 PM

Do you have the stock endlinks or whiteline? ^
Old Apr 9, 2015, 08:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
my vote is hotchkiss because they're hollow and 10 lbs lighter than the STOCK bars. Whiteline bars are heavier than stock. Hotchkis and whiteline should have comparable stiffness.

But whatever you do, DON'T get whiteline endlinks. Get timmyspec or whatever else. The whiteline endlinks loosen up all by themselves and you have to loctite everything. They suck major *****.
Old Apr 9, 2015, 07:10 PM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I had issues with Whiteline rear endlink nuts backing off, but after using a 2' cheater bar and loctite red about a year ago, no issues at all. I run both F&R. Major improvement over stock. I ran front bar on middle and rear on full stiff for about 10 months, but recently changed front to full stiff. Much more front end grip now. The front is a beast to install, but so is a lot of parts on our cars.
Old Apr 10, 2015, 05:28 AM
Evolved Member

I noticed a reduction of grip up front with the swaybar on full stiff, but a dramatic increase in response. I'd recommend keeping the front on full soft or stock, and changing your driving style around that. More ultimate grip up front.
Old Apr 10, 2015, 06:28 AM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Interesting. I will try that, but as noted, I feel the full stiff is better than the middle (giggity).
Old Apr 14, 2015, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by hispanicpanic
my vote is hotchkiss because they're hollow and 10 lbs lighter than the STOCK bars. Whiteline bars are heavier than stock. Hotchkis and whiteline should have comparable stiffness.

But whatever you do, DON'T get whiteline endlinks. Get timmyspec or whatever else. The whiteline endlinks loosen up all by themselves and you have to loctite everything. They suck major *****.
how much heavier is it? do you have hotchkis?
Old Apr 15, 2015, 05:16 AM
Evolved Member

hotchkiss front bar was almost 10 lbs lighter than stock which is a 24mm solid bar? The whiteline is a 27mm solid, so expect it to be heavier than stock.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 08:38 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by stinowevox
Im looking to get swaybars w/ endlinks before i buy coils and rims. i think i will get whiteline since i got a good deal and i live in CA so i dont have to worry so much about the rusting problems.

anyone have them? thoughts?
or should i go with different swaybars?
Not trying to highjack your thread, but I didn't want to make another thread about sway bars.

The Whiteline sway bars are 27mm. The Hotchkis are 32mm.
Are the Hotchkis 32mm set an overkill?

What about the Whitelines? Do they tend to rust or something?

I live in NC so we get rain and sometimes snow.

I am leaning towards the Hotchkis set because I've heard really good things about it back when I had my 02 RSX. I had 27mm RCE sway bars on my 2011 WRX before and they were phenomenal.
Old Apr 19, 2015, 08:19 AM

I disagree with some of the info in this thread. The front bar is important on our car if you want grip and turn in response. Having front and rear gives the car a more balance setup then just having the tail happy rear. But it depends on your style of driving. I am big into autocross and track work and I have no issues flicking the rear when needed but ultimately i like the razor sharp steering response i get with the front bar.

The Hotchkis is only bigger because it is hollow. Hollow bars have to be bigger to get the same stiffness as smaller bars. It is almost impossible to compare hollow with solid because you need to know wall thickness on the hollow bars in order to properly do the math to compare. With that said, most agree that the Hotchkis and Whiteline are about equal. Both bars are powder coated so you should not have any rust issues. I have had both front and rear Whiteline on for about 3yrs and they are great and holding up just fine.

I recommend installing both front and rear, and as a note...since the Hotchkis is much bigger, on their install they recommended bending some of the power steering lines to prevent rubbing. I did not like that so I went with Whiteline.
Old Apr 25, 2015, 01:07 PM

I have the Whitelines at rear. No rust so far (been on about a 8 months) Mid setting, definitely improvement over stock and very easy to install.