Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Gauging interest.....EVO X suspension parts from GTWorx

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2009, 11:49 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Gauging interest.....EVO X suspension parts from GTWorx

There's already a lot of parts out there for the new car, but so far I'm not 100% satisfied.

I think a lot of people are looking for more options beyond the usual form over function thing. There are some possibilities in the suspension area for parts that are designed to perform first and foremost with a real research and design process. We don't just choose a drop we think looks cool and bump up spring rates by 15% or whatever....we look at the complete picture and pay attention to things like suspension geometry, damper travel, etc.

We're considering: mild drop performance lowering springs, swaybars, camber plates, and maybe a few other things.

I'd like to see what you guys want for this car. I can't promise anything, but if there's enough interest I think we can do some pretty cool things for the X.

- Andrew
Old Jan 23, 2009, 12:03 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can you post pics on the car plz.
Old Jan 23, 2009, 12:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Wicked X
what are you talking about???
Old Jan 23, 2009, 12:34 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Wicked X
This is a gauging interest thread....we're looking to see what kind of suspension parts people are interested in us developing for the X.

- Andrew
Old Jan 23, 2009, 12:35 PM
Evolving Member

I am all for more options.
Old Jan 23, 2009, 12:39 PM
Evolved Member

I support all options as well. I would be very interested in a coilover option for the X much like you all have made for the Subaru market (RCE Tarmac). Everyone in the community could benefit from more options on the market.
Old Jan 23, 2009, 01:06 PM
Account Disabled

I've heard the Eibach springs for the Evo X are not uniform (i.e. the craftmanship has gone shabby). I haven't heard much about the Works springs, which leads me to believe they're not very popular as well.

I would say make some springs.

Swaybars, I think there are quite a few on the market. However some people like matching suspension set-ups...i.e. springs match sway bars
Old Jan 23, 2009, 01:39 PM
Evolved Member

I would absolutely be interested. I've always enjoyed your posts in this forum, I've met people at the track who have had suspension work done from you and have nothing but good things to say, and like the fact that you're local.

Last edited by MrBonus; Jan 23, 2009 at 01:43 PM.
Old Jan 23, 2009, 02:34 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by GTWORX.com
This is a gauging interest thread....we're looking to see what kind of suspension parts people are interested in us developing for the X.

- Andrew
lol I was on another forum reading it and must have ****ched over without noing sorry .
Old Jan 23, 2009, 03:35 PM
Evolving Member

I've been waiting for GTWorx to begin some development of products for the Evolution X. I noticed you didn't mention coilovers but I would be interested in those as well. I know you have co-branded (if that's the appropriate term) coilovers with KW for the Impreza and that would be awesome if you did the same for the X. I would also be very interested in sways, camber plates and just about anything else. How much interest would make this a go? How soon if possible?
Old Jan 23, 2009, 05:08 PM
Evolved Member

I'd most likely be interested.
Old Jan 23, 2009, 05:11 PM
Evolved Member

I am very intersted in the mild drop springs. Especially ones that could address the handling issues discussed by the guy who did the swift spring review on this BB. The swifts look awsome and would be what I would need as I live in a snowy area and not really interested in having to get the car aligned and raised or lowered for winter or summer each year. So a moderate drop (.5-.7 in front and about the same in rear) spring that retains the stock highway ride with at least equal track performance is perfect (maybe not doable either?).
Old Jan 23, 2009, 06:59 PM
Evolving Member

Springs that actually improve handeling in addtion to the drop.
And please make sure they are MR tested as well!!!
Old Jan 23, 2009, 07:57 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by GTWORX.com
There's already a lot of parts out there for the new car, but so far I'm not 100% satisfied.

I think a lot of people are looking for more options beyond the usual form over function thing. There are some possibilities in the suspension area for parts that are designed to perform first and foremost with a real research and design process. We don't just choose a drop we think looks cool and bump up spring rates by 15% or whatever....we look at the complete picture and pay attention to things like suspension geometry, damper travel, etc.

We're considering: mild drop performance lowering springs, swaybars, camber plates, and maybe a few other things.

I'd like to see what you guys want for this car. I can't promise anything, but if there's enough interest I think we can do some pretty cool things for the X.

- Andrew
a staged kit with lowering springs similar the eibachs (in height anyway) would be sweet. you know something designed to work together IE spring rate and sway bar thickness stuff like that to make suspension upgrades easy for the mechanically declined.
Old Jan 23, 2009, 08:04 PM
Evolving Member

Andrew, I'd be very interested in stock ride height to mild drop springs that have higher rates but will still work with the stock dampers. I had your RCE springs on my STI and was very happy with them along with your camber plates. Here is a list I'd like to see from you.

1. RCE camber plates that don't change ride height.
2. RCE springs with rates designed to improve body roll/handling that won't drop the car too much. I am happy with the stock height and live in Michigan (Land of Gigantic Potholes).
3. RCE F/R swabars that are designed to work with your springs.
4. Custom valved AST's or KW's like you did with the Tamac II's for the Subie market.

Thanks!!

Quick Reply: Gauging interest.....EVO X suspension parts from GTWorx