Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Nitto NT-05 or Flaken RT-615

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2009, 10:10 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nitto NT-05 or Flaken RT-615

Overall which would you go with? I've read all there is to read here and have pretty much made my mind up on going with the Falkens but I wondered if anybody had any wet performance info on the Nittos. The application is hard street driving, rarely in the rain, but I've driven racing slicks in the rain and worry the Nittos would not be too much better than that. Am I wrong? Ultimately rain is not the biggest factor but if I get stuck in a sudden shower I don't want to have to putz along at 45mph.

So here's your chance to spend some of my money today.
Old May 4, 2009, 10:20 AM
Evolved Member

Nitto.
Old May 4, 2009, 10:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Nittos are fine in the rain, I don't really have to change my driving style at all from the dry to the wet. They do wander a lot though, it took a while for me to get used to that. I drive on horribly uneven roads to and from work and they definitely make the commute interesting.
Old May 4, 2009, 10:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I had no problems in the rain over the last couple days (it's poured here in Dallas) on NT-05's.

I did use them on a sealed asphalt parking lot in the raid for an autocross and that was VERY slippery. Of course, all tires were slick that day.

The 615's are a 3-4 year old tire compound. I do think that they will last longer than an NT-05 though.
Old May 4, 2009, 10:47 AM

I've had the 615's before on my g35c and they were the best handling of the tires I had on that car, (pilot sport, bfg kdw 2, azenis 452) but they didnt last very long. i think my rears lasted about 12k miles.

personally i'd go with the nitto's cuz my friend has them on his sti with 8k miles and we go driving in the canyons a lot and theres still plenty of tread left. so for me, it seems the nt05 lasts a little longer and provides good grip as well. when i need to switch out my oem tires i'll probably try the nt05's myself so i can give a more educated opinion on the matter.
Old May 4, 2009, 10:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
He's had the NT-05's long enough to put 8k miles on them? They've not been out that long. Maybe he has the 555's?
Old May 4, 2009, 10:56 AM
Evolving Member

Thank's alot for all the quick responses. NT-05 it is. I ordered them and they'll be here tomorrow. I'll let you know what I think. Thank you again.