Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

TPMS DIY Tool coming ???

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2009, 06:18 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
subscribed for more info
Old Sep 15, 2009, 10:54 AM
Evolving Member

Anyone in contact and receive any word from this company?
Old Sep 21, 2009, 08:07 PM

This is the exact info i was looking for, need the tool for 2nd set!

What is the difference between the one that they sell already, and CZ4a supported ones? What is CZ4a, a TPMS category?

Last edited by eze078; Sep 21, 2009 at 08:13 PM.
Old Sep 21, 2009, 08:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by eze078
What is CZ4a, a TPMS category?
No, that's another way of saying Evo X. It's like the BMW guys saying E46/E90/E92, etc.
Old Sep 21, 2009, 08:53 PM
Evolved Member

My local discount tire has this tool but it didn't work yet on my car. Hpe they update this soon. THat way there is no charge for them to do it.
Old Sep 22, 2009, 07:33 AM
Evolving Member

i would buy this, and bump for eze078's question, is there currently no working tool that can do this?
Old Sep 22, 2009, 07:50 AM
Evolved Member

subscribed. I wanna know too what I can do for rim/wheel swaps.
Old Sep 22, 2009, 08:19 AM
Evolved Member

Is it, by chance, a small square of electrical tape?
Old Sep 22, 2009, 08:40 PM
Evolving Member

the website, revolutionsupplyco, is a little confusing

When you go to buy the quickset device it takes you another page that has a link for a user manual. When you click the link for the user manual, it takes you back to the first page you were originally at, and either the user manual is non-existent or hasn't been developed yet because there is nothing at the link for it.

I'm going to post some more info in this thread because I'm probably going to buy one of these units if I can figure out whats going on with it (compatibility issues). Seems promising so far, I'm hoping that if they sell a unit that programs TPMS's, it should be compatible with the ones they sell.

@catalystgod: When you called they said that the quickset is not yet compatible with the OEM mitsu TPMS's? Would the unit work if you bought one of the two other aftermarket TPMS's they sell on their site?

The same site sells a few different sets of TPMS's for the Evo X:

OEM part number 4250-A225 @ $52.47 /ea ---priced below what the dealers sell for i think
OEM Aftermarket (Siemens) SE57770 @ 47.22 /ea
Aftermarket (Oro) OSE-7770 @ 42.50 /ea
Old Sep 22, 2009, 09:09 PM
Evolving Member

lol sorry for whoring this thread to death, but i seem to have alot of free time on my hands tonight.

Here is a detailed review/explanation of how the quickset works from another forum:

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=299107

HIGHLIGHTS
  • The unit CAN read the codes for the TPMS's off the ecu and display/save them for you
  • The unit CAN'T get the codes for you if they weren't programmed to the car

So basically if you're buying a 2nd set of TPMS's for use with a 2nd set of wheels, MAKE SURE YOU GET THE CODES OR TAKE A PIC OF THEM before you install them onto the car. You will need to input the codes into the quickset. Once you have both sets of TPMS's programmed into the quickset you can switch between them whenever you want by plugging the unit into the OBDII port
Old Sep 23, 2009, 01:36 PM
Evolving Member

sent an email to russell at revolutionsupplyand this is what he wrote back:

I am sorry to say that the Quickset does not work with any Mitsubishi vehicles.

Best Regards,

Russ Fuller
Revolution Supply Co.
14382 Hoover St Suite A16
Westminster, CA 92683
www.revolutionsupply.com
(714)891-0100 (714)-891-0068 fax

I later asked if there were any plans for the quickset to work with mitsu models and the enitre reply i got was "yes." Lol it doesn't seem they're too interested in supporting our market anytime soon.

Anybody else interested in getting the quickset, i suggest we go on catalyst's recommendation and bombard this guy with emails and phone calls to speed up the whole thing. I want this for my new set of rims

Last edited by artnsx; Sep 23, 2009 at 02:00 PM.
Old Sep 23, 2009, 09:48 PM

May need to put on a winter set soon. Without this tool, how much would they charge to do this (avg) if I were to say, buy a set from TireRack with their sensors and switch them at a dealer/shop?
Old Sep 24, 2009, 08:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by artnsx
@catalystgod: When you called they said that the quickset is not yet compatible with the OEM mitsu TPMS's? Would the unit work if you bought one of the two other aftermarket TPMS's they sell on their site?

The same site sells a few different sets of TPMS's for the Evo X:

OEM part number 4250-A225 @ $52.47 /ea ---priced below what the dealers sell for i think
OEM Aftermarket (Siemens) SE57770 @ 47.22 /ea
Aftermarket (Oro) OSE-7770 @ 42.50 /ea
Well, from my knowledge of TPMS, I believe the problem is with the quickset being unable to communicate with the car over the OBD port to send new TPMS codes. Basically, they already know how the toyota and other brand vehicles work as far as the programming goes.

As for your point about recording/writing the TPMS codes before installation, you sure about that? I ask that because just about every TPMS programmer tool in the market can actually read the code from the sensor when one resets the sensor by placing the tool near it. was pretty sure this was the case with the quickset as well.

I saw the different part recommendations as well and decided to go with the mitsu parts from the dealership to avoid problems. Got a good discount at Rockville Misu in MD so I just got them instead.

Last edited by CatalystGod; Sep 24, 2009 at 08:12 AM.
Old Sep 24, 2009, 08:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Saitou
May need to put on a winter set soon. Without this tool, how much would they charge to do this (avg) if I were to say, buy a set from TireRack with their sensors and switch them at a dealer/shop?
dealership charges around 100 or 150 for this, dont remember exactly. Pretty expensive. Be nice to the technician/service manager and he might just do it for free the next time you go in for an oil change. That's what happened in my case.
Old Sep 24, 2009, 07:44 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by CatalystGod
Well, from my knowledge of TPMS, I believe the problem is with the quickset being unable to communicate with the car over the OBD port to send new TPMS codes. Basically, they already know how the toyota and other brand vehicles work as far as the programming goes.

As for your point about recording/writing the TPMS codes before installation, you sure about that? I ask that because just about every TPMS programmer tool in the market can actually read the code from the sensor when one resets the sensor by placing the tool near it. was pretty sure this was the case with the quickset as well.

I saw the different part recommendations as well and decided to go with the mitsu parts from the dealership to avoid problems. Got a good discount at Rockville Misu in MD so I just got them instead.
From looking at the thread the guy made on toyotanation, and also from reading a different thread about the quicket on a honda forum, the quickset can only read the codes of the sensors if they are the ones currently linked to the ECU. Unless they change/update the tool, i'm pretty sure it won't be able to read the codes directly from the sensors. I think all the data transmission on the quickset is done through either usb or OBDII and it doesn't have any wireless capability which is why its so affordable compared to alternative tools

Quick Reply: TPMS DIY Tool coming ???