Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Eibach Multi-Pro R2 w/ Vorshlag Plates

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2009, 08:22 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks for posting and thanks for letting us know about great companies and vendors, always nice to hear about those that do business right.
Old Dec 27, 2009, 12:09 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Hiboost
Is there any concern about excessive heat cooking the oil in the reservoirs? I'm thinking people with tubular exhaust manifolds are going to want to fab up a heat shield of some sort to deflect some of the radiant heat.

Looks like a capable setup!
i am thinking if you had an equal length tubular there may be an issue. as you can see from the pics below the space between them and the stock manifold. and it is definitely mounted above the manifold and not so much above the engine cover. of course they could be relocated but it is definitely something to keep in mind. hope this helps.

Old Dec 27, 2009, 10:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I'm testing a self made heat shield to prevent wet weather from soaking the wrap on my headers so much, so far so good. Basically you can use the two mounting bolts for the center of the strut tower brace to get a heat shield in between the manifold and reservoirs if needed. I'm sure the normal underhood heat isn't that big a deal but if it was constant radiant heat off the manifold it would somewhat defeat the idea of having a remote reservoir shock where the additional fluid is supposed to take the heat better and keep the shocks working at or near peak ability.

For a smooth road course it might not be that big of a deal, but rough road use or off-road it might make a difference. Here is an snip from http://www.fourwheeler.com/techartic...cks/index.html

Shock absorbers control unwanted motion through a process commonly called dampening (hence, their alias "dampeners"). They turn the kinetic energy of suspension movement into heat energy, which is then dissipated through the shock body. Without shocks, your rig's springs would bounce up and down after hitting a bump (taking your rig with them) until all of the energy put into the springs by the bump was used up. So a shock's job sounds simple, right?

Well, here's the thing. While fine for street use, a standard monotube or twin-tube shock has drawbacks. The biggest disadvantage is that when asked to endure sustained rough terrain, they can overheat. This is called aeration, and it's what takes place when the oil in the shock foams due to the heat generated by the shock, turning the previously mentioned kinetic energy of suspension movement into heat energy. The result is that the shock loses its ability to dampen. This allows that crazy spring motion to run unabated. This not only creates a bouncy ride but also scary handling.

Remote-reservoir shocks can help solve this problem. They're designed with an external reservoir that increases fluid capacity. This increase in capacity helps lower fluid temperature, thus offering the ability to blast over rough terrain without experiencing shock fade due to overheating.
Old Dec 28, 2009, 04:51 AM

Originally Posted by Sleestack
I got my AST 5100 colilovers, GT springs and camber plates from Vorshlag. They sell great stuff and really deliver on the service.
What was the height of the camber tops like compared to stock do you know? I'm looking for a set that wont lift the front end
Old Dec 28, 2009, 06:20 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
For a coilover, the Vorshlag plates have a lower stack height than stock and thus give you more bump travel at a given ride height. They would lower your car if you didn't touch your height adjustment. This is with their integrated upper spring perch and bearing.

Awesome plates.

- Andrew
Old Dec 28, 2009, 03:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Interesting that these coilovers are made in the USA, when Eibach is a German brand. I'm guessing there isn't a demand in Germany for reservoir coilovers....
Old Dec 29, 2009, 08:26 PM

Quick question... how high up the strut body do you have the collars set at for the rear? I have a set of R1s that I installed last night and I'm almost all the way to the top and the car is "slammed." It is bad and something has to be wrong.

Looking at your pictures I'm wondering if Eibach forgot to send me the two rubber bushings when they shipped them. I see the rubber bushings in your pics for the rear. Did those replace the rubber doughnuts that go in the stock rear tophat? Tried calling Eibach but they're closed till the 4th.

GTWorx maybe you could chime in??

Thanks
Old Dec 29, 2009, 10:42 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by GTWORX.com
For a coilover, the Vorshlag plates have a lower stack height than stock and thus give you more bump travel at a given ride height. They would lower your car if you didn't touch your height adjustment. This is with their integrated upper spring perch and bearing.

Awesome plates.

- Andrew
Absolutely. Vorshlags have to be the best plate on the market right now.
Old Dec 30, 2009, 03:12 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jwoodzx7r
Quick question... how high up the strut body do you have the collars set at for the rear? I have a set of R1s that I installed last night and I'm almost all the way to the top and the car is "slammed." It is bad and something has to be wrong.

Looking at your pictures I'm wondering if Eibach forgot to send me the two rubber bushings when they shipped them. I see the rubber bushings in your pics for the rear. Did those replace the rubber doughnuts that go in the stock rear tophat? Tried calling Eibach but they're closed till the 4th.

GTWorx maybe you could chime in??

Thanks
mine are the same, i still have about a half an inch to an inch adjustment left on the top in the rear. they are almost all the way at the top. i thought it was weird but went with it since it was still clearing the wheel/tire. all the bushings did get replaced on the tophat for the rears.
Old Dec 30, 2009, 07:36 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by gotrnet
mine are the same, i still have about a half an inch to an inch adjustment left on the top in the rear. they are almost all the way at the top. i thought it was weird but went with it since it was still clearing the wheel/tire. all the bushings did get replaced on the tophat for the rears.
do you have a side shot of your car?

- Andrew
Old Dec 30, 2009, 10:30 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by GTWORX.com
do you have a side shot of your car?

- Andrew
here you go.

like i said i MAY have another half inch to an inch, prob closer to half an inch adjustment. i am running 275/35 r18 on a 9.5 in wide rim.
Old Dec 30, 2009, 02:43 PM
Evolving Member

that's too low....
Old Dec 30, 2009, 03:28 PM
Former Sponsor

Just a little bit lower than I would have set it too. Functionally it might work better if you go up that last half inch.

A longer spring in the rear would do the trick if someone wants to go up higher.

- Andrew
Old Dec 30, 2009, 05:55 PM
Cyp
Evolving Member

any clunking noises from the suspension when going over bumps?
Old Dec 30, 2009, 07:00 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Cyp
any clunking noises from the suspension when going over bumps?
Not at all. not clunking or noises of any kind.

Quick Reply: Eibach Multi-Pro R2 w/ Vorshlag Plates