Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

GTWORX EVO X TARMAC SPORT SPRINGS PICS installed !

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2011, 07:07 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
We went a little more aggressive for the EVO X, closer to our RCE "Yellow" springs we make for Subaru STI. We were considering going with that name actually but decided to stick with our EVO name and color. The fact is that you can not get a good spring rate without a decent drop for the X....it just doesn't physically fit between the perches without binding on compression.

So it's a bit more of an aggressvie drop BUT you have the spring rate to support it. You still get great handling and ride quality. EdmBimmer's ride height is right on.

- Andrew

Last edited by GTWORX.com; Apr 8, 2011 at 07:10 AM.
Old Apr 8, 2011, 01:48 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^I don't think anyone meant it in a negative way....just surprised at the height in the picture. Could just be distance/light/angle/etc. that the picture was taken at.
Old Apr 8, 2011, 01:53 PM
Former Sponsor

Gotcha.
Old Apr 8, 2011, 02:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
how prone to bottoming out are these? like if I take a REALLY REALLY hard corner? on stock wheels and tires i just don't want to run the risk of eating out all my fender lining
Old Apr 8, 2011, 03:44 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts
That's what these are made for, hard cornering
Old Apr 8, 2011, 07:30 PM
Evolving Member

you got PM regarding this springs
Old Apr 8, 2011, 08:21 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by warmmilk
That's what these are made for, hard cornering
yeah, but the stock shocks aren't THAT stiff. When I had buddy club coilovers on my EVO IX MR with 10k spring rates (much higher than these), and the shocks set too soft, they wouldn't bottom out, but the would compress enough to let the tire touch the inner fender lining. these look like they lower the car to about the height that my car was when that happened. with that ride height, and the fact that these springs aren't THAT stiff, and neither are the stock shocks, so would you please let GTWORX answer my question?

I'm not a noob to suspension, suspension setup, or racing and HARD cornering. My question is a valid one, and I'd prefer the experts answer it.
Old Apr 10, 2011, 11:05 PM
Evolved Member

Any one have these springs with 18X10 +20 wheels with 275/35 tire or something equivalent? Can you comment on the fitment? I have my fenders rolled already and i dont want to run aggressive camber. I want to make sure i wont be having rubbing issues.
Old Apr 11, 2011, 07:19 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by ODUB
how prone to bottoming out are these? like if I take a REALLY REALLY hard corner? on stock wheels and tires i just don't want to run the risk of eating out all my fender lining
With proper wheel/tire fitment you won't have a problem hitting your fender liner.

blk-majik has used these springs with (i think) hoosiers on the track with stock swaybars, so he's getting just about the max amount of roll you could get and he has not had a problem with hitting the fender liners.

As with the stock suspension, the EVO X is a bumpstop active car and those will play a part no matter what by design, but a true bottoming out of the shock will be very difficult under most circumstances.

- Andrew
Old Apr 11, 2011, 07:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i haven't bottomed them out yet on hoosiers or on street tires at the track or street. i did a little off-roading at the Summit Point rally course over the weekend and i'm pretty sure the front was slightly airborn at least a couple times. no clunking on the landing. this was on 18x9.5 +27 wheels and 265/35/18 tires. i checked the mud markings in the fender lines when I was done and the mud wasn't cleaned away where you could see the plastic anywhere, which is a good indication that they weren't even close to rubbing. this was without rolled fenders and just a little pushing on the liners (which i don't think was necessary anyway).
Old Apr 12, 2011, 07:56 AM
Former Sponsor

dur, posted in wrong thread.

Thanks for the feedback blk-majik! Rally-x is an interesting test.

Last edited by GTWORX.com; Apr 12, 2011 at 07:58 AM. Reason: my B
Old Apr 13, 2011, 04:57 PM

I just got these installed last week and I'm pretty sure they're all settled. The car looks lower than I first expected, probably closer to Eibachs then the Swifts. They do however feel like stock when it comes to comfort but much more grounded. I really like them.
Old Apr 13, 2011, 07:48 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by dannylee
I just got these installed last week and I'm pretty sure they're all settled. The car looks lower than I first expected, probably closer to Eibachs then the Swifts. They do however feel like stock when it comes to comfort but much more grounded. I really like them.
recent posts are confusing me, these are supposed to drop less than spec r and eibach... recent pics and post are looking like these are lower.. is it just me or what?
Old Apr 14, 2011, 07:08 AM
Former Sponsor

I don't know if it's as much as Eibach, but it's fairly close to Spec R.

The Eibach's are quite a bit softer than ours though.

- Andrew
Old Apr 18, 2011, 08:44 PM

interested in these springs! can you pm me a price shipped to 53089?

Quick Reply: GTWORX EVO X TARMAC SPORT SPRINGS PICS installed !