Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Perrin PSRS Install Questions

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2011, 08:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Perrin PSRS Install Questions

For those who have installed the PSRS in your evo X, I'm looking for some input. From the Perrin website: (http://www.perrinperformance.com/sha...sus400-405.pdf) -

"9) EVO 9 installation: Install SS bushings into PSRS making sure to put the medium spacer on bottom and taller spacer on top.
While holding spacers install control arm back into car. At this time, decide weather to install short SS spacer on bottom (ZERO
Anti-lift) or top (Added Anti-lift).
10) EVO 10 installation: Decide weather to install medium SS spacer on top (ZERO Anti-lift) or bottom (Added Anti-lift). Install SS
bushings into PSRS and carefully slide control arm and bushings into chassis opening"

They say to use the medium spacer (top for zero anti-lift and bottom for added anti-lift), which is confusing, as it's completely the opposite for the pre X's. For a Pre-X, they instruct you to use spacers for both top and bottom. In fact, (bearing in mind I'm a novice at all this suspension business) it seems logical if this kit is to help lower the roll center, that putting a spacer up top would facilitate this effect, and on bottom would have the opposite effect.

The other issue is, as I pointed out earlier, they call for only one spacer on the X. With that spacer installed on bottom, for "added anti-lift", (haven't torqued yet) I can easily see 1/4" worth of bolt threads between the top of the PSRS and the top of the subframe in which it sits. So either the subframe is to bear this ~80 lb/ft of torque and allow the PSRS move freely up and down within, or I'll collapse the subframe the 1/4" to snug it up against the Perrin. Neither option seems too rational, so I'm hoping others have done this before and can provide some feedback.
Old Apr 2, 2011, 09:24 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts
I can't help you on the install, but I've been looking at this part. Can you keep this thread updated with how you like it and if it gives you any issues down the road? Being a solid bearing, I have concerns about wear and clunking...

Also, did you get the positive offset or the zero offset one?
Old Apr 2, 2011, 09:27 AM

Zero Offset. At the same time I upgraded all bushings in the lower control arm to polyurethane, so fully expect more harshness and noise. I'll gladly give my impressions, once I get it lined out and back on the road.
Old Apr 2, 2011, 10:43 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts
I know there will be more NHV, I'm fine with that. What I'm want to know is if NHV increases with time and wear...
Old Apr 2, 2011, 07:40 PM

i have the 3% ones we could only put the spaces in one way and i forget how becuase it limited travel to much. plus if you run wide tires ont the 3% they will rub on the front vent screens at full steer lock
Old Apr 7, 2011, 06:33 PM

So here's what I figured out. You have to use the tall and the medium spacer - one on the top and the other on the bottom - to be able to correctly fit the PSRS back into the subframe of your EvoX. There is no space to use the small spacer. I will say I am disappointed that Perrin realizes and knowingly supplies such erroneous directions for a $240 part. I hope it's not a sign of the quality of their actual products.