Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

tires evo mr x

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2011, 07:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tjacoby
I would definately recommend the Conti DWS tires, especially if you daily drive your car. I did a lot of research and the Conti DWS tires were HIGHLY rated by users. I switched from the original Advan tires after about 8000 miles and have driven about 1500 miles on the Conti's. I wanted a quieter, smoother tire for daily driving and the Conti's fit that bill perfectly. I've driven in snow and the Conti's were great. There is one main trade-off though, the handling of the car in spirited driving did change some. The Advan's had stiffer sidewalls and therefore the car seemed to have less "roll" when cornering (obviously on dry pavement). Honestly, that means nothing to me though, I was looking for a tire that was quieter, and smoother for daily driving and the Conti's are perfect for me.
I put a set of DWS on my Audi A3 (based on the good reviews that I had read). All I can say is that these tires suck on the A3 (and were barely ok on the wife's Saab 9-3). Really unstable in the corners and bloody terrible under heavy breaking. I played around with various pressures to no avail. They might be ok in the snow, but as a fair weather road tire they lick the sweat off a dead man's ***** IMHO.
Old Sep 19, 2011, 10:54 AM

Michelin Pilot sport A/S
Old Sep 27, 2011, 04:08 PM

if you want cheap pair i find my fuzion hr1 do ok