Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

new wheels for my evo x

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2014, 05:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
new wheels for my evo x

Hey guys, I'm trying to get some new rims for my evo but I have next to no experience when it comes to tires and rims on cars. But I do know what I want changed when I look at my car. I want new rims (stock wheels and tires atm) that will be inline with my fenders (stock exterior) without using spacers. and I want a little bit fatter tires. But what I don't want is that weird looking lip that pops out from the tire. What I mean by that is when the tire is on the rim I see some people have a lip coming out further from the tire itself. I don't like that but that's just me. It would be nice if someone can point me in the right direction. Thanks!

new wheels for my evo x-extremor_lancer_evo_x_sportsmodifiedcars_blogspot_com-1-.jpg
I want something like this. The way those wheels are in line with the fenders I like.
new wheels for my evo x-bentwheel1.jpg
This is what I DON'T want. I don't like this lol.

Last edited by Kidkuda35; Jul 7, 2014 at 05:08 PM.
Old Jul 7, 2014, 05:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lol! You want tires that fit your rim width. I am no pro and am going off what i have seen others setup. Stock rim width is 8.5 inches wide with 245 tire. 9 inch with rim with a 255 tire and a 9.5 inch rim with a 265 tire. I am sure others have also gone wider as well but that might include rolling fenders or spacers. You also have to know what rim offset you will be running as well. Hopefully someone who has more experience with rims and tires chimes in.