Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

14 MR coilover question

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2015, 06:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
14 MR coilover question

I know this has been a long long debate, been looking at all the old threads and some new one's. Been looking at the....

Tein Monoflex Coilovers with the EFDC set-up

Ohlins R/T

KW V3's

AST 5200's

JRZ ( not sure what line )

Between the what iv listed what would be the best for a daily driver, now that being said ( Daily Driver ) im still under factory warranty but when that done and over with this will be my money maker street car when the time comes and i buy a new daily. Going to be staying around the 600-650hp range then just fine tune the hell out of it.

I have a set of Work Emotion CR Ultimate 18x9.5 20mm going on when i figure out what coilover setup im going with.

I know you get what you pay for a lot of times, im leaning towards the Ohlins R/T as iv been reading a lot of reviews and everyone loves them, same for the KW V3's.
I also know know a lot of people like Tein but people call them the RICE aka honda **** products. I just don't want to go through suspension's if i don't have to.

Thanks for the great site and all the info you guys provide from experience .
Old Nov 25, 2015, 10:14 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I just ordered the R&T from CBRD based on a lot of reviews and the fact you get what you pay for lol
Old Nov 25, 2015, 04:57 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
we have you covered- even though we have a partnership with JRZ (on our GTR and they were on our Time Attack EVO) we prefer the ohlins for most EVO owners needs

cb
Old Nov 26, 2015, 02:26 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I love my KW V3, they make my EVO handle like on rails.
Also they wont rust being made out of SS :-)
Old Dec 1, 2015, 11:33 AM

Yea i been really looking @ the Ohlins r/t and KW v3's, also should i get a set of Whiteline Adjustable Rear Control Arms when doing the suspension ?
Old Dec 2, 2015, 10:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts
If you mostly daily drive you Evo just go with KWv.3 or Ohlins R&T. If you track your car and are seriously considering spending JRZ type money you should also look at MCS. Top shelf quality and support http://www.motioncontrolsuspension.com/

You can also special order MCS pillow ball top mounts for the Evo from MCS even though they do not list them on their website.

I love my MCS 1-ways and Vorshlag camber plates.
Old Jul 13, 2016, 04:56 PM

KW V3's !!
Old Jul 21, 2016, 09:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
I've tracked the V3's extensively, specifically the variant from Robispec which has the better damping. I'd rather run the Ohlins personally.

If you can find AST's, get them. They're a good coilover. They don't make them anymore. They're on the same level as Ohlins mostly.

If you have JRZ money, i suggest you overlook them for MCS coilovers. I have a set of their 2 way's and theyre ****ing fantastic. They're smoother than my Kw's at almost double the spring rate. They're a true motorsport coilover, but the funny thing about high end coils is that they're smoother than all the cheaper stuff when you turn down the valving.
Old Jul 22, 2016, 09:17 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
I have the V3s. I don't think for the street with occasional track use I could ask for a better setup. Ride quality vs handling is the best I have ever experienced.

- Robert