Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Need Help With Wheel Offset!!!!

Old Mar 4, 2016, 07:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need Help With Wheel Offset!!!!

I'm in need of some help. I ordered sone 18x10.5 wheels with a +22 offset. I purchased the 10mm spacers from Ichiba and the darn things STILL aren't clearing the front calipers!!! The rear fit perfectly fine without any spacers needed. So I stacked the 2 10mm spacers on one hub and it cleared the caliper by a few mm.

I just purchased the 20mm V2 spacers from Ichiba...so my question is with my +22 offset and 20mm spacers it's going to make the front wheels have a +2 offset.

Something is telling me that's not ok.....any input?
Old Mar 4, 2016, 07:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 53 Likes on 51 Posts
What brand of wheels? Lower offset doesn't guarantee caliper clearance. And yes with the 20 mm spacers you'll be at a +2 for effective offset which could be bad on a 10.5 inch wheel. You will need camber or you'll have some serious poke up front.

Brand name of wheels? Suspension set up? Tire size you're trying to run?
Old Mar 4, 2016, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by Astro_Train
What brand of wheels? Lower offset doesn't guarantee caliper clearance. And yes with the 20 mm spacers you'll be at a +2 for effective offset which could be bad on a 10.5 inch wheel. You will need camber or you'll have some serious poke up front.

Brand name of wheels? Suspension set up? Tire size you're trying to run?
They're the ESR wheels from ebay. Another replica company. I have a 265/35/18 tire with swift spec r springs
Old Mar 4, 2016, 07:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 53 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by CodyJamesBitxh
They're the ESR wheels from ebay. Another replica company. I have a 265/35/18 tire with swift spec r springs
http://esrwheels.com/pages/1-piece-series

These I assume? None of them seem to offer a great deal of caliper clearance. Honestly if you need a 20 mm spacer to clear the caliper I suggest you return them and buy a wheel made to fit an Evo. Like Rotas.. They make good Evo fitments and decently priced and are good quality wheels. They can also help you as they sell to both the Subie and Evo communities. I'm not a fan of such a huge spacer up front but some folks here will disagree. And at +2 you'll have to run a ton of camber even with Spec Rs which only mildly drop your car. Just my 2 cents to save you some headaches. Also a lot of camber will eat up your tires and you'll be rubbing bad.

Link to Rotas http://www.wheeldude.com/catalog/ind...14_338_339_341

There are also other reps out there that are decent. Search here on the forum. Trying to fit wheels not made for our cars just isn't feasible. Just being up front with you.

Last edited by Astro_Train; Mar 4, 2016 at 07:40 PM. Reason: Added link
Old Mar 8, 2016, 06:02 PM

^2x return the Ebay wheels and buy a new set designed to fit big brakes