Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Noob wheel fitment question enkei t6s

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2018, 02:10 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Noob wheel fitment question enkei t6s

Im looking for my first set of wheels and Im liking the Ts6. Im trying not to have to do any fender mods as this car is more of a spirited daily driver. I've used the google and found mixed results. The options Ive seen are 35 and 25 offset. Im sticking with the 18x8.5 since I'm not going to hit the track just yet. Which one will plug and play so to speak with the 245/40 tires.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 11:54 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sadly this is a difficult question... wish i had better news for you but there is no magical "offset number" that works across all wheels, as in the offset is a measurement (as i'm sure you know) of the center piece of the wheel (where the hub touches the wheel) to the center of the wheel. SO what i'm saying is depending on the design of the "spokes" of the wheels depends on what fitment will work (mostly brake fitment not fender fitment here)(unlikely you'll have any fender issues with the two offsets you've mentioned as they're close to stock sizes for tire and wheel width, but you'll wanna check here and makes sure someone has done it and it went as planed), so an offset of 35 (stock offset is 38 fyi) might work great with one type of wheel design but its not a guarantee it will work with another set of wheels as the spoke design can be different. 22-35 are pretty common offsets i've seen on the evo x, i'm not saying you can or can not run those i'm just saying be careful, do your homework, best way to see what fits is to go through all the threads dealing with wheels. There's a ton of threads and people showing what it took to fit certain wheels. Sounds like you're probably running approx stock sizes (245/40 and 18x8.5 wheel) so i wouldn't worry about the fenders too much that would only occur if you went with an aggressive offset and wider wheel, which it doesn't sound like you are.

I realize this is probably the response you were afraid of... completely uninformative and telling you to research more, but on a lighter note, the wheels you've picked out aren't super rare and should be able to confirm your numbers pretty quickly against the forum here.

to get ya started heres a general write up from another forum,hope it helps:
https://www.socalevo.net/threads/230...-Fitment-Guide
Old Jan 21, 2019, 07:19 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Thanks for the info, appreciate your time. It took a while of searching and figuring out what would clear the brakes, first time ever buying wheels for any car, so with not much info on the 6 spoke wheels I went with the 5 spoke Kojins, and they turned out looking great. But now I'm going to have to paint those rotor hats.

Last edited by Spinks8824; Jan 21, 2019 at 07:31 PM.