Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Ohlin's VS. Ksport Bags VS. FA 500 with air piston

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2019, 12:32 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 813 Likes on 678 Posts
Sounds like you have either some "nannies" that aren't shutting off for you, or something mechanical is damaged? That just makes no sense. Though.. I don't know about the innards of Evo X drivetrains.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 04:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 54 Likes on 51 Posts
Eh, I doubt he has anything mechanically wrong. Even at 10/12.5k spring with a fatter rear sway bar with restock rear diff the car never really became "rwd". It did become pretty rear driven when my RS-4s were heat cycled and it didnt grip at all. Thus when going into things too hot and required more steering to fix my line, my rear would just wash out.

Now with TRE maxlock and new re71s. I still dont get this rwd drifting oversteer on exit acceleration but the rear does rotate more and people said from the outside it looks like its 4wheel drifting.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 04:44 PM
kaj

Well the Evo X suddenly sounds a lot less fun, then. I like being able to have at least one way to get the car to oversteer. Preference, of course.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 06:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 233 Likes on 209 Posts
Originally Posted by CaptainSquirts
Eh, I doubt he has anything mechanically wrong. Even at 10/12.5k spring with a fatter rear sway bar with restock rear diff the car never really became "rwd". It did become pretty rear driven when my RS-4s were heat cycled and it didnt grip at all. Thus when going into things too hot and required more steering to fix my line, my rear would just wash out.

Now with TRE maxlock and new re71s. I still dont get this rwd drifting oversteer on exit acceleration but the rear does rotate more and people said from the outside it looks like its 4wheel drifting.
you're talking about the 8/9, he's talking about the X. it should rotate

this is what mine would do with the cusco on power : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMGC...=youtu.be&t=36 even on a hot summer day
Old Jan 30, 2019, 07:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 54 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by kyoo
you're talking about the 8/9, he's talking about the X. it should rotate

this is what mine would do with the cusco on power : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMGC...=youtu.be&t=36 even on a hot summer day
I'm jealous, course I go to is just a small airport so not a lot of powering out of corners. Pretty much slalom up and slalom back.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 07:37 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,038 Likes on 760 Posts
I can easily get my Evo 10 to rotate on track (or even get away from me) with Ohlins 10k/10k, rear whiteline swaybar and NT01's. Something is going on with you guys.

If you watch some of my track videos, the car is plenty active and I do have to correct to not loop it sometimes.

Last edited by razorlab; Jan 30, 2019 at 07:43 PM.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 07:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 233 Likes on 209 Posts
Originally Posted by razorlab
I can easily get my Evo 10 to rotate on track (or even get away from me) with Ohlins 10k/10k, rear whiteline swaybar and NT01's. Something is going on with you guys.

If you watch some of my track videos, the car is plenty active and I do have to correct to not loop it sometimes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmatMAbsvtE
what's the quick and dirty of your build? i think in general power helps with breaking loose, and the car will behave how it's set up to do so. when i had an fp green all i would do is power oversteer out of corners.. much harder to power oversteer with mild bolt ons
Old Jan 30, 2019, 08:03 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,038 Likes on 760 Posts
Originally Posted by kyoo
what's the quick and dirty of your build? i think in general power helps with breaking loose, and the car will behave how it's set up to do so. when i had an fp green all i would do is power oversteer out of corners.. much harder to power oversteer with mild bolt ons
I just stated the quick and dirty on it. Power doesn't mean anything when you aren't on it.

Either way, my horsepower is high but my torque is not, and it's about 1,000rpm off from a FP Green spool

I'm pretty sure the problem the OP was having was with the crap coilovers he had. He will be much happier with the Ohlins.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 08:42 PM
kaj

Originally Posted by razorlab

I'm pretty sure the problem the OP was having was with the crap coilovers he had. He will be much happier with the Ohlins.
I figured something had to be wrong. I've never seen an Evo that was impossible to get oversteer.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 05:38 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well as embarassing as this might look this was a run with a new set of rims but i'd not unmounted the previous owners tires, even though they were Extreme sumer tires they were old, but this video speaks to how slow i'd have to go, and how bad the push is...

just as a follow up here is how the car reacts with hoisers and bad pavement, i won the FTD spot but you can tell from the video the only reason i won was i managed to drive the course at its smallest length i.e. tight on ever corner possible.

Faster Course showing more road like conditions, good pavement good tires, ****ty camera angle and gimble...