Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Installed EVO Injen Intake System

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2005, 09:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by EvoIXMR
Are all the stalling problems related to not re-circulating the BOV back in? Kinda hard to vent with MAF systems compared to MAP, but I was wondering if there was a code fix...Does dynoflash have some sort of tune that can support an aftermarket BOV?
No, flashes don't help with running VTA, but not all aftermarket BOVs are VTA, so it's not a problem. Just get a good one that recirculates, and you will have 0 issues.
Old Jul 26, 2005, 09:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by PA-silver03evo
I always heard the same thing but I dynoed my car a couple days ago with AEM intake and Greddy bov and I was pretty impressed. I havent had a chance to get tuned and my car did just fine. The intake helped quite a bit due to it leaning the car out a little bit since its so overly rich from the factory. The dyno was reading quite low all day and it was at least 85 degrees out and I still managed to get 250 whp and 260 ft. lbs. of torque. All I have is the intake, bov and tbe with high flow cat.
Remember that the peak numbers were good, but that the readings were very erratic and non-linear while also being quite lean in the low/middle part. Since the tuned cars were having trouble with timing/knock in that heat, it's likely that you will see much different numbers in better weather conditions. Kinda funny that the untuned cars would run BETTER in the heat while the tuned cars suffered (relatively speaking of course).
Old Jul 26, 2005, 09:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, it was funny seeing how well the un tuned cars did compared to the tuned ones. As far as the erratic numbers, I think that was mainly due to the restrictor pill removed since the BCS was having a hard time leveling the boost out. If we have another dyno day in the fall, I would be up for going again and put the boost controller on this time to level the boost out and raise it up a little. Then we could see how the un tuned cars do without all the heat.

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Remember that the peak numbers were good, but that the readings were very erratic and non-linear while also being quite lean in the low/middle part. Since the tuned cars were having trouble with timing/knock in that heat, it's likely that you will see much different numbers in better weather conditions. Kinda funny that the untuned cars would run BETTER in the heat while the tuned cars suffered (relatively speaking of course).
Old Jul 26, 2005, 10:56 PM

Does anyone know if the Injen upper IC piping will work with the APS Twin Vent BOV?
Old Jul 27, 2005, 12:58 PM

sounds clean. but is the injen intake carb legal yet. if it is i am going to start saving up for it.
Old Jul 31, 2005, 04:39 PM
Evolved Member

who sales this? search blows for this product