Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

USDM EVO 8 is equivalent to what FQ EVO?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2004, 09:46 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
USDM EVO 8 is equivalent to what FQ EVO?

I understand that the USDM EVO is really underrated and it should be over 300hp and not 271 and now for 05, its even more powerfull. Where does all this equal to, FQ300 or FQ325 or which one is it??
Old Sep 28, 2004, 11:58 PM

neither
Old Sep 29, 2004, 12:01 AM
Evolved Member

^ what he said...
Old Sep 29, 2004, 12:12 AM
Evolving Member

so then what is it? and what is the 05 model?

These cars are underrated and should be over 300hp, True or False?
http://www.machevo.com/gofaenup.html
Old Sep 29, 2004, 12:12 AM
Evolved Member

USDM is different then either just as the others stated also its not that far under rated most people who get their stock Evo's dyno'd come out right around 220hp - 225 at the wheels which is about right for 270-280 at the crank on an AWD car.
Old Sep 29, 2004, 03:47 AM
Evolving Member

USDM EVO 8 is closest to the EVO 280 over in the UK, which has 280hp.
Old Sep 29, 2004, 04:55 AM
Evolving Member

What you have to remember is that most peoples cars here are modded unlike over there where at the most they have CAI and exhaust. Here most peoples cars after very minor mods are in the 330whp range which is what 380 at the crank? . So over there the fastest one is FQ400 which is 400bhp at crank if I am not mistaken. So really not that much of a difference. And on top of that alot of people here have a hell of alot more power than that. Of course we don't come with a fully factory backed warranty but that is a whole other issue.......
Old Sep 29, 2004, 05:25 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EVOFQ300
What you have to remember is that most peoples cars here are modded unlike over there where at the most they have CAI and exhaust. Here most peoples cars after very minor mods are in the 330whp range which is what 380 at the crank? . So over there the fastest one is FQ400 which is 400bhp at crank if I am not mistaken. So really not that much of a difference. And on top of that alot of people here have a hell of alot more power than that. Of course we don't come with a fully factory backed warranty but that is a whole other issue.......
A lot of the EVO's in the UK are modded plus they have shop cars with in excess of 900HP.

The reason a warranty is able to be given is due to the fact that people over there no how to drive a stick correctly as most have driven nothing but and it is what everyone is taught to drive with. I can also tell you they beat on there cars more at tracks, the big difference is drag racing is not that popular and is why they don't have all the clutch problems..
Old Sep 29, 2004, 05:28 AM
Evolving Member

Dude don't tell me what they have there. I lived there for 20yrs. They road race more, not too many tracks in Ireland or England. Of course there are exceptions to the rule with 900hp. However most people have a CAI and exhaust or other minor mods as stated previously.
Clutch problems !!!!. My buddy spends almost all his time replacing clutches. In everything from Evos to Skylines to Scoobies
Old Sep 29, 2004, 05:32 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EVOFQ300
Dude don't tell me what they have there. I lived there for 20yrs. They road race more, not too many tracks in Ireland or England. Of course there are exceptions to the rule with 900hp. However most people have a CAI and exhaust or other minor mods as stated previously.
Clutch problems !!!!. My buddy spends almost all his time replacing clutches. In everything from Evos to Skylines to Scoobies
Well, i think i may have to, i was born there and lived there for 30+ years, i suggest you should go an chekc out lancerregister.com
Old Sep 29, 2004, 05:38 AM
Evolving Member

What has that site got to do with anything? . So what is your point?. The kid asked about the FQ series I was explaining it to him. You start going on about people here not able to drive and that people over there use tracks. No they don't.
And the reason the warranty is offered is because the car comes from the dealer with those mods. Nothing to do with the driver

Last edited by EVOFQ300; Sep 29, 2004 at 05:45 AM.
Old Sep 29, 2004, 06:17 AM
Evolving Member

EvoFQ300 is right about the warranty. But you're both neglecting to mention that the American dealership is just a little different. It has nothing to do with the driver. It has everything to do with the scumbags who're in charge of a lot of outfits, stateside, trying to make a buck off the uninformed consumer.

However, lancerregister is a UK site, I believe. And most of the guys there have the same kinds of stuff Americans do. Bigger turbos, cams, engine management, etc. They've had the Evo and a number of other performance production cars longer than the US because of the market. Not because of some imagined superior skill driving manual.

If Mitsu thought they could sell us Evos before now, they would have been selling them. If they thought we'd shell out for an FQ400, we'd have one. The game is money, not driving skill. If you think they care for a second how badly we ruin the car once we've paid out for it, you're out of your mind.

Finally, the warranty? It applies in much the same way, on paper, in both the US and the UK. Your factory car is covered for non wear and tear items. The clutch is warrantied for defect only, no matter where you go. So please, please stop talking out of your ***.
Old Sep 29, 2004, 06:20 AM
Evolving Member

Hatorade well said. For him to say they are better drivers there over is retarded. And that website just goes to prove my point. look at it. most cars on there have minor mods. of course there are exceptions and yes we have had these cars for alot longer than the US
Old Sep 29, 2004, 06:41 AM
Evolving Member

I am not talking out of my *** as you so respectfully put it, all the trouble with clutches over here is purely down to driving styles and habits and not a defect in the original equipment. There is no such warranty issue in the Uk as there is here and yes, it is a financial reason they sell the FQXXX's but do you think they would ever consider extending a warranty for the same models in this country? I think not.

EVOFQ300 i didn't say they were better drivers, i simply stated people have way more experience with a stick and do not drag race their evos as much which places the greatest strain on clutches.
Old Sep 29, 2004, 06:46 AM
Evolving Member

[QUOTE]
The reason a warranty is able to be given is due to the fact that people over there no how to drive a stick correctly as most have driven nothing but and it is what everyone is taught to drive with.
[QUOTE]

You don't get much more stress on a drivetrain than rallying which is what these cars are made for. However i do agree with you dragracing is real bad for the car.
Stock clutch is too weak when you up the horsepower. All cars do this the clutch was designed for a certain HP now that has changed so should the clutch. When I replaced my clutch I didn't go to and complain. I manned up and payed for it and upgraded it.

Last edited by EVOFQ300; Sep 29, 2004 at 06:52 AM.

Quick Reply: USDM EVO 8 is equivalent to what FQ EVO?