Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

headight adjustments STRIPPED!

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2005, 02:10 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
headight adjustments STRIPPED!

After reading everything in this forum i could find a solution on how to fix or adjust the headlight after i stripped them. Is there a solution or are my headlight stuck this way?
Old May 21, 2005, 02:11 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by F&I-EVO
After reading everything in this forum i could find a solution on how to fix or adjust the headlight after i stripped them. Is there a solution or are my headlight stuck this way?
couldn't
Old May 21, 2005, 02:13 PM
Evolving Member

dont use the little gears that you access from above. use the (10mm?) nut you access from the back of the headlights. THere's a post somewhere with a scan of the shop manual showing where. but it's easy to see. it's right behind the gears. You need to temporarily move the washer fluid res. to get to one of them though. easy enough.
Old May 22, 2005, 08:30 PM
Evolving Member

I'm assuming you mean the plastic black gear is stripped.
If so, no big deal. There are 2 screws that hold them in place. Just remove them, and you can easily turn them by hand.

The small black gears only adjust the HID's. For the high beams, use the 10mm nut.

I did mine like this anyway, my low beams rise a bit higher, and my hi beams a bit lower. I had no reason to see what was in the tree 30 ft above me with the high beams...
Old May 24, 2005, 11:10 AM

I had no reason to see what was in the tree 30 ft above me with the high beams...
Come one!!! The best stuff happens up there!
Old May 24, 2005, 01:41 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by grcygetr
I'm assuming you mean the plastic black gear is stripped.
If so, no big deal. There are 2 screws that hold them in place. Just remove them, and you can easily turn them by hand.

The small black gears only adjust the HID's. For the high beams, use the 10mm nut.

I did mine like this anyway, my low beams rise a bit higher, and my hi beams a bit lower. I had no reason to see what was in the tree 30 ft above me with the high beams...
How do you remove the plastic gears, do you have to remove the headlights and then get them off? My headlights are uneven so i wanna get them even again, any way you could perhaps pm me with this information...I don't get to view the forums as much as i use to Thanks
Old May 27, 2005, 02:40 PM
Evolved Member

Unhappy

First of all YOU CANT ADJUST YOUR HL's!!!!
the way they come from the factory is the way they are! I had mine replaced(adjusting problem) but your going to have to deal or fork out $1200 per assembly. Look on ebay for possible cheaper ones.
Old May 27, 2005, 02:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They are adjustable, i've been though this. Ill make a how to for u in a day or two after i get my camera back. Pretty much you just have to remove the front bumper, then remove the headlight and adjust it from there.
Old May 27, 2005, 02:50 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
HIDs are adjustable. Look in the How-To section.
Old May 29, 2005, 12:50 PM
mbs
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Turbolover
First of all YOU CANT ADJUST YOUR HL's!!!!
the way they come from the factory is the way they are! I had mine replaced(adjusting problem) but your going to have to deal or fork out $1200 per assembly. Look on ebay for possible cheaper ones.
why would you spend $1200 per assembly to adjust your headlight all you need is a 10mm. socket and you are done.