Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Hello All

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2006, 02:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sasquatch
Dude, we are talking about tourqe through a mulitplier. For all intensive purposes he could be putting almost twice as much torque to the wheels at launch as you are. It's a v8 so his top end will be in good shape and the whole car with him in it weighs what, 3505lbs I believe. Hmmm, twice as much torqe and 100 more lbs, seems like grade school math to me. Hmmm.
Yes you are right. My STR is 2.55 so times that by 330 rwtq and you'll have the number at launch. I couldn't hit it completely at launch because the tires can't take it.

Last edited by Roarin_8; Jun 29, 2006 at 07:40 AM.
Old Jun 28, 2006, 05:20 PM

Thanks for the welcome guys
Old Jun 28, 2006, 07:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dude, we are talking about tourqe through a mulitplier. For all intensive purposes he could be putting almost twice as much torque to the wheels at launch as you are. It's a v8 so his top end will be in good shape and the whole car with him in it weighs what, 3505lbs I believe. Hmmm, twice as much torqe and 100 more lbs, seems like grade school math to me. Hmmm.
Yeah thats nice but he wasnt supplementing those numbers. All he was giving me were his whp numbers which were also misconstrued through his dyno sheet let alone I couldnt see the torque numbers.

I think everyone is misconstruing my demeanor here. I have no doubt in my mind camaros can run awesome times but what I was doubting was with the info he provided me the times he was running didn't add up which was what I was doubting. capice!?
Old Jun 28, 2006, 08:43 PM

I posted numerous pics of the dyno sheet so that everyone could see the numbers. The torque numbers are clearly on there as well.
Old Jun 28, 2006, 08:45 PM

Old Jun 28, 2006, 09:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Roarin_8
I posted numerous pics of the dyno sheet so that everyone could see the numbers. The torque numbers are clearly on there as well.
I understand this but like you said before those arent your numbers anymore. Didnt you say that you were at a different rating than that dyno sheet the dy u raced 12.2? Sorry if i was mistaken
Old Jun 29, 2006, 07:03 AM

No, after I got my dyno numbers, I went to the track a month later. After I got the 2 12.2s then I added my current mods and got the new dyno number.
Old Jun 29, 2006, 07:16 AM

Now how about this one...... she had shorty headers on the car, flowmaster exhaust, 3.23 gears and some weight reduction, the car weighed in at about 33 and change with her in it. She ran 12.7 @ 111.7. She had no lid or aftermarket torque converter. Her car is more of a freak than mines is. This vid was taken at Commerce in GA. Her car is the blue formula in the right lane.

http://media.putfile.com/GrapeVSVendetta

Last edited by Roarin_8; Jun 29, 2006 at 07:28 AM.
Old Jun 29, 2006, 07:47 AM

Check out this guy's dyno numbers and track numbers!!! Damn I gotta get back to the track!!

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/member.php?userid=6370
Old Jun 29, 2006, 08:23 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Roarin_8
Now how about this one...... she had shorty headers on the car, flowmaster exhaust, 3.23 gears and some weight reduction, the car weighed in at about 33 and change with her in it. She ran 12.7 @ 111.7. She had no lid or aftermarket torque converter. Her car is more of a freak than mines is. This vid was taken at Commerce in GA. Her car is the blue formula in the right lane.

http://media.putfile.com/GrapeVSVendetta
Keep in mind she is also at 1100' ft above sealevel. I believe you are at sealevel.
Old Jun 29, 2006, 10:59 AM

Yeah I know, here's a good thread on DA

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showth...nsity+altitude
Old Jun 29, 2006, 05:11 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SKILMATIC
Yeah thats nice but he wasnt supplementing those numbers. All he was giving me were his whp numbers which were also misconstrued through his dyno sheet let alone I couldnt see the torque numbers.

I think everyone is misconstruing my demeanor here. I have no doubt in my mind camaros can run awesome times but what I was doubting was with the info he provided me the times he was running didn't add up which was what I was doubting. capice!?
The point is not that he was not supplementing those numbers, but you did not understand the implication of those numbers. He said from the get go he is running a stall. If you knew much about drag racing you could have gleaned the same info that everyone has trying to tell you for about 4 or 5 pages now.
Old Jun 29, 2006, 05:15 PM
Evolved Member

The point is not that he was not supplementing those numbers, but you did not understand the implication of those numbers. He said from the get go he is running a stall. If you knew much about drag racing you could have gleaned the same info that everyone has trying to tell you for about 4 or 5 pages now.
Dude I know about the stall. It still wasn't adding up dude. Even warr knew about the stall and he questioned it. Unless you think warr doesn't know anythign about drag racing too?

However, again I see your point. I only wish you could see mine.
Old Jun 29, 2006, 05:21 PM

Warr only questioned the mph not the ET. DA probably is what affected Warr's mph.
Old Jun 29, 2006, 05:24 PM
Evolving Member

I know Warr has a history of racing EVO, but seeing as I have never met the man I will assume that he has not had any experience with rwd drag racing until he comes out and corrects me.

Quick Reply: Hello All