Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Brembo

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2006, 09:50 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Brembo

Hey everyone i am having my brembos painted and i wanted to know if anyone has herd of a chrome sticker that says Brembo to go on the brake? Thanks a lot

BR
Old Aug 3, 2006, 09:59 PM

They have plastic covers which say brembo.
Old Aug 3, 2006, 10:01 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I doubt any sticker will stay put because of the heat that the caliper builds would destroy the adhesive, or that the sticker itself could handle it. Maybe if the sticker was a metal flake type with a ultra high temp adhesive.. You'll likely have to get it painted with high temp paint if you want the logo again.
Old Aug 3, 2006, 10:05 PM
Evolving Member

Well what do u guys think i should do....im getting my brembos repainted blue and i want Brembo to be in chrome??
Old Aug 3, 2006, 11:11 PM

some guys just take some kind of sander to grate down the surface metal and the metal underneath is shiny, but good luck chroming it. the only way i can think of doing that would be dipping the whole damn caliper in chrome, then painting around Brembo.
Old Aug 4, 2006, 07:39 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 05EvoVIII
Well what do u guys think i should do....im getting my brembos repainted blue and i want Brembo to be in chrome??
Call someone who will know for sure. Call a performance (racing) shop or a good body shop. They might at least be able to point you in the right direction if it's even possible. I don't think anything other than high temperature paint or anodizing will handle the heat.

It can absolutely be done with reflective vinyl stickers and it will look fantastic with a thin black border on all the letters... And there might be a way to do it but I really doubt you'll be able to drive the car the way it was meant to be driven. Brake calipers weren't meant for fancy paint jpbs and vinyl, personally I think it's a cool idea, but unlikely that it's functionally possible. Maybe for a show car... Notice that all the high end Racing Brake, Rotora, Stoptech, Brembo, etc etc mostly use solid paint colors, anodized surfaces, or just machined grooves for the logos? There's a reason we don't see flashy stuff there, because it'll get cooked off pretty quickly.

I think the only way to do this for sure would be to have a laser cut brembo logo from thin metal and have the letters chromed or polished. bond them on with an aluminized or high heat adhesive under pressure. It'll, be expensive, But I just don't see any other way to get chrome letters without using stickers.