Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Why does my car stall, stutter, stumble>

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2007, 06:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why does my car stall, stutter, stumble>

EGR valve plastic hose nipple snapped, common problem according to the dealer, fixed under warranty...

Last edited by GeoffM; Mar 10, 2007 at 07:01 AM.
Old Feb 17, 2007, 06:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Check to make sure the MAS wires are plugged in.
Old Feb 17, 2007, 06:09 AM
Evolved Member

^+1. It could be a miriad of things. I would simply take it back to the dealer and see if they can figure it out, with it being new and all. Good luck.
Old Feb 17, 2007, 06:15 AM

wish I were still stock.........shouldn't be a big deal though just TBE and suspension for now...
Old Feb 17, 2007, 06:20 AM
Evolved Member

I assumed you were still stock since you just bought it. I completely understand your concern with the mods, but I would hope it wouldn't be a problem with the exhaust only.

Does the problem always occur, or just when the car is "cold?"
Old Feb 17, 2007, 06:22 AM

only in the morning when it's cold and this is "cold" in south florida, so maybe 50 degrees...

checked the mas, maf, and a few others...i'm can't figure it out, i thought it was normal?
Old Feb 17, 2007, 06:33 AM
Evolved Member

Are you letting your car warm up before driving it? I know 50 degrees isn't cold ,especially by Chicago standards, but the Evo still needs to be nice and warm before driving her.

I'm willing to bet money that the only problem is that the car is still cold, causing the subsequent lag feeling. Allowing it to warm up (just enough to let the temp needle move over the lower mark) before moving her should take care of this problem. Though the temp gauge doesn't measure oil temp, it is a decent indicator. It is also healthier on the turbo to have it warm before boosting. A friend of mine in the area was experiencing the same problem, alleviated by this simple prep measure. This feeling isn't normal unless you are getting in a driving right away in cooler temps. Let me know if it works.
Old Feb 17, 2007, 06:50 AM
Former Vendor

take it to the dealer, or check the bov.
Old Feb 17, 2007, 06:59 AM
Evolved Member

If it isn't because it is cold then I would immediately take it back to the dealership.
Old Feb 17, 2007, 07:01 AM
Evolved Member

^ I agree...especially before you really start modding it. Like I said, it really isn't normal if it's not the cold thing.
Old Feb 17, 2007, 08:16 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SilverStreak
I assumed you were still stock since you just bought it. I completely understand your concern with the mods, but I would hope it wouldn't be a problem with the exhaust only.

Does the problem always occur, or just when the car is "cold?"
Don't listen to this, with TBE will definately void your warranty. Take it off, do not go there with TBE. You got brand new car, you will need your warranty. Don't push your luck with that
Old Feb 17, 2007, 08:23 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I agree....going right back in there with the TBE will raise questions. Swap it back out and then go in there - especially if you just got the car recently.
Old Feb 17, 2007, 08:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Actually, they're more likely to void his warranty due to the suspension rather than the TBE. I can't understand why this guy put mods on his car when he felt the problem right away when he purchased it. He should have turned right around and gone back to the dealer...not continue driving and start modding it.

The question from above that he needs to answer is...are you trying to get into boost before the car is completely warmed up?
Old Feb 17, 2007, 11:10 AM

I would agree it probley just cold, but you should have the dealer look into it. For the TBE you should have just gotton a cat-back not the full they usally dont care about cat-back.
Old Feb 17, 2007, 02:30 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evolution[OH]
Don't listen to this, with TBE will definately void your warranty. Take it off, do not go there with TBE. You got brand new car, you will need your warranty. Don't push your luck with that
This would be the first case of a warranty being void from a TBE that I have heard of...so you don't have to be a tool. I agree with Warrtalon about the suspension thing over the exhaust. Either way, I would have had the behavior checked prior to modding it as well.