Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Car Delivery Help

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2007, 05:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car Delivery Help

Has anyone ever had their car delivered to you from a private party and is experienced with how the procedure works. I just want to know if I could possibly be scammed.

So the story is I'm purchasing a vehicle from Pleasanton, CA from a guy named Paul Southern. Now instead of shipping it he offered to deliver it for $500 to Colorado, now we're having a hard time settling whether I wire a certified fund or payment to his bank(credit union) first then he delivers because he doesn't want to drive 18 hours without being assured that he has the payment. But I wanted to be assured that he could get here safe and not being scammed before I wire the funds. Please anyone with experience in this manner help me out, thanks in advance.

Tan
Old May 30, 2007, 06:45 PM
sly
Evolved Member

send half
Old May 30, 2007, 07:27 PM
Evolved Member

do somehting like where if he doesnt deliver u can tell the 3rd party to refund ur money, i think like western union do it, but not so sure,

also i wouldnt let him drive it, he'll prolly thrash it all the way there,
like i dunno about US states and how far u are from him, but you would be better off putting that $500 delivery fee to an airline ticket or something to go there and pick it up, inspect it then pay and drive home
Old May 30, 2007, 08:53 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah, use an escrow service or at least get a written contract signed (just write out a simple purchase agreement with delivery terms). I wouldn't send $ without having something in writing and/or using a third-party escrow.