Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Help !!! New Turbo Mods for My Evo III

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2007, 11:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help !!! New Turbo Mods for My Evo III

Hi, Im Planing to Do some mods to run my EVO III At Quater Mile Drags, So I like to Do Some Mods For My Evo.

And pls let me know Does these mods do any good My Car Quater Mile Time ? And i Need to know what kind of Cluch, Injectors, External Wastegate & a BOV Shoud I use ?

* Evolution III T3 Turbo Manifold
* Turbonetics Ceremics Ball Bearing Hybrid T4B-V Turbo T3/T4
* WALBRO 255 FUEL PUMP

* Evolution III T3 Turbo Manifold
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/EVO-3...spagenameZWDVW

* Turbonetics Ceremics Ball Bearing Hybrid T4B-V Turbo T3/T4
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Turbo...QQcmdZViewItem

And if u experts think these mods are useless pls sugest me hw can i get more Power to get gud Quater Mile Time, And im only concerning abt the quater mile time and i want to build this car only for Drags.

Thanx-
Old May 31, 2007, 03:05 PM
Evolved Member

What do you currently have modified on the car? What times are you looking to run? What type of fuel are you going to use? That will help us determine what mods will help you reach your goal for your drag vehicle.

Honestly, and this is just pure speculation, that exhaust manifold looks pretty janky.

Last edited by EuroEclipse; May 31, 2007 at 04:15 PM. Reason: because i used the wrong word :)
Old May 31, 2007, 03:48 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by EuroEclipse
Honestly, and this is just pure stipulation, that exhaust manifold looks pretty janky.
speculation*

Also, just calling it 'janky' is being very kind.
Old May 31, 2007, 03:57 PM
Evolved Member

You also need to considered where you will be getting your car tuned, which is probably the most important part. It is all dependent on how fast you want to go. There are a number of upgrade packages that can be had for not too much cash that will include parts and a tune (done w/ tactrix cable and email). Warrtalon has a package that will get you 300 whp for about $1,500. Another alternative is to get a cheapo eBay exhaust and $100 tune and call it a day.
Old May 31, 2007, 04:01 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by McDougal
You also need to considered where you will be getting your car tuned, which is probably the most important part. It is all dependent on how fast you want to go. There are a number of upgrade packages that can be had for not too much cash that will include parts and a tune (done w/ tactrix cable and email). Warrtalon has a package that will get you 300 whp for about $1,500. Another alternative is to get a cheapo eBay exhaust and $100 tune and call it a day.
some mods to run my EVO III

WAR DOESNT HAVE A EVO III PACKAGE

PPL PLEASE READ

AND IM SURE U CANT FLASH A EVO 3 ECU
Old May 31, 2007, 04:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 144mph
speculation*

Also, just calling it 'janky' is being very kind.
Yes, that's the word i'm looking for. speculation. d'oh! Guess I should have busted out the dictionary.
Old May 31, 2007, 09:43 PM

Thanx for the replies guys, and i live in South Asian country and we have only few tuners around here so im planing to use EMS 8860 Ecu , and we have 95 Octain fuel bt normally here ppl mix Toluene with fuel to get more octain

And yes that manifold look junk to me bt what do u think abt the turbo ? and here we dnt have any emission laws so currently im having Straight through 4 Inch Exhaust pipe, Cone Air Filter & Runing 1.3 Bar boost abt 18 to 19 PSI.

And guys as i mentioned earliear i want to reduce my quater mile time and the stock car tuch around 160KMPH at Quatermile track

When i searching the net i found lots of mod parts for Mitsubishi Eclipse 1990 - 1999. Does the Mitsubishi Eclipse and JDM Evo III got the same Engine? If so can i buy a aftermarket Eclipse Header and Fix to My Evo III ?

thanx-

Last edited by GihanFX; Jun 1, 2007 at 10:48 AM.
Old Jun 1, 2007, 12:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GihanFX
Thanx for the replies guys, and i live in South Asian country and we have only few tuners around here so im planing to use EMS 8860 Ecu , and we have 95 Octain fuel bt normally here ppl mix Toluene with fuel to get more octain

And yes that manifold look junk to me bt what do u think abt the turbo ? and here we dnt have any emission laws so currently im having Straight through 4 Inch Exhaust pipe, Cone Air Filter & Runing 1.3 Bar boost abt 18 to 19 PSI.

And guys as i mentioned earliear i want to reduce my quater mile time and the stock car tuch around 160KMPH at Quatermile track

When i searching the net i found lots of mod parts for Mitsubishi Eclipse 1990 - 1999. Does the Mitsubishi Eclipse and JDM Evo III got the same Engine? If so can i buy a aftermarket Eclipse Header and Fix to My Evo III ?

thanx-
Yes, the Evo III shares the same engine as the 1st generation Eclipse/Talon/Laser. You should be able to follow the same upgrade path. Intake, exhaust (both of which you already have), fuel injectors, fuel pump, etc.
AMS deals with 3 Evo III customers from overseas that I'm aware of. And if you know anything about AMS, you know they know their stuff.
Old Jun 1, 2007, 12:16 PM
Evolved Member

Oh and as far as that turbo goes. Turbonetics turbos are awesome in my opinion.
I'd like to know what specs that particular one you're looking at is. He doesn't give much information other than it's a T3/T4. So that could make it a variety of things.
Old Jun 1, 2007, 01:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by GihanFX

thanx-
You can trap at 160 kph with minimal modifications. You don't need a new exhaust manifold or turbo for that.

If you want an ECU chip I can hook you up.
Old Jun 1, 2007, 01:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by EuroEclipse
Yes, the Evo III shares the same engine as the 1st generation Eclipse/Talon/Laser. You should be able to follow the same upgrade path. Intake, exhaust (both of which you already have), fuel injectors, fuel pump, etc.
AMS deals with 3 Evo III customers from overseas that I'm aware of. And if you know anything about AMS, you know they know their stuff.
The engine is not the same. The Evo 3 engine is like a 7 bolt 1g Eclipse with a 2G cylinder head. The intake manifold is different, pistons are different and the exhaust manifold is 7cm to match the Evo 3 16g turbo.
Old Jun 3, 2007, 08:29 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by wreckleford
The engine is not the same. The Evo 3 engine is like a 7 bolt 1g Eclipse with a 2G cylinder head. The intake manifold is different, pistons are different and the exhaust manifold is 7cm to match the Evo 3 16g turbo.
well if you want to get THAT technical. LOL
basically they're both 4g63 with the same layout is what i was saying. wasn't going as far in depth to the internals. so some of the same stuff would fit. we just had an Evo III imported from Germany roll into the shop, so I may be able to dig around in it depending on what he's getting done.
Old Jun 5, 2007, 10:20 AM

Ya Specially i want to know what kind of turbo will hep me to get a good quarter mile time
Old Jun 5, 2007, 10:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Due to no aftermarket parts for the earlier evo's I had to custom make a header, 02 housing, intercooler piping, and had to run a honda rad, to clear my turbo. There is just not much room in the engine bay if your keeping A/C. Im running a 35r and should have it running within the next couple of weeks. Im also running Megasquirt for my EM.