Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Ebay rotors?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2008, 01:12 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ebay rotors?

Found these and couple others but , has anyone used these ? or know anything about them.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mitsu...spagenameZWDVW
Old Jun 18, 2008, 01:18 AM
Evolving Member

Found these also , looks to good for the price

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/LANCE...spagenameZWDVW
Old Jun 18, 2008, 02:23 AM
Evolved Member

Do yourself a favor and buy name brand rotors. Rotorpros, Stoptech, Powerslot or anything from the vendors on the site.

I know one person that snapped an "ebay rotor" on the track. Just food for thought
Old Jun 18, 2008, 03:52 AM
Evolving Member

Odd's are i wont buy them off ebay, but if i can found out that someone has had them and their good then well a good bang for the buck.
Old Jun 18, 2008, 04:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'd never buy stuff that keeps me alive off ebay. (from a noname vendor)
Old Jun 18, 2008, 05:02 AM
Silver Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Toxin
I'd never buy stuff that keeps me alive off ebay. (from a noname vendor)
You know, that is good advice. I'd take it.
Stick to shift knobs and exhausts on eBay.
"Performance without the Price Tag"
Old Jun 18, 2008, 05:08 AM
Evolving Member

True, i sent message to the company asking a few things. You never know , i mean like the megan coilovers rumored to be same as apexi N1's. A company make something and sell to different people who list with their brand name.
Old Jun 18, 2008, 05:12 AM
Evolved Member

For the price I would suggest going with a proven product and not some no name. I have bought plenty of things from ebay and have had nothing but great experiences. But I wouldn't suggest you buy those. Think of the movie Tommy Boy when he was trying to sell the brake pads and lit the model car on fire cause the brakes failed haha!!! I'd hate to hear you were in that situation......
Old Jun 18, 2008, 05:21 AM
Evolving Member

I know about ebay things and rarely buy anything from ebay for my car, only thing my car has from ebay is tranny fluid got good price on redline. But just looking into these . Most likely il get rotora's or stop tech. I just want to know if these are the same thing or not.
Old Jun 18, 2008, 05:27 AM
Evolved Member

im sure they will be warped in a month
Old Jun 18, 2008, 05:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Everything everyone is saying isn't entirely true. I have a full set of them and haven't had a single problem with them. Maybe the guy that had the warped one got a bad set? We all know that we buy stuff new and sometimes we just happen to get a crap one. As far as my personal experience, they make a big impact on stopping power/fade versus the stock rotors. If you are going to track your car then as most suggest, spend the money on something proven there. If you just drive your car on the streets then they're a good bang for the buck. Mine have been on for about 11 months and are still doing great, no grooving or any issues running Hawk HPS with them after 10k miles and I check them frequently. Good luck
Old Jun 18, 2008, 05:48 AM
Evolved Member

I bought my last set of rotors for the EVO from an ebay vendor and had no problems what so ever. I put between 40-50k HARD miles on them which included doing a couple weekends of HPDE's, lots autoxing and a ton of drag racing.

I am very hard on my brakes. they lasted thru two sets of pads (project MU & DS2500) and still have enough life left to pass safety inspection.

I'm in the market for another set and will be going thru the same ebay vendor I used before.
Old Jun 18, 2008, 05:51 AM
Evolved Member

to the guy who said they would be warped... I had 3 sets of STOCK rotors replaced under warranty with my EVO. The tech who was doing my scheduled maintenance rotated my tires w/o using a torque wrench on the lug nuts, so a few thousand miles later I had warped rear rotors. Same thing happened with the fronts a little while later and then finally the rears again after that.

I even told the service manager why it was happeneing but he said all his techs use a tq stick on there impact guns...

Once my scheudled maintenance was up, and I didn't go thru for oil changes (only cause they were free), I purcahsed the EBAY rotors and used a TQ wrench everytime I put the wheels on and guess what... not a single issue of warping.
Old Jun 18, 2008, 05:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts
Tons of us run Centric Rotors from either Rotorpros or Rotorworks. 60k on my Rotor pros rotors cut the fronts once.

40k on the ones on the RS braking is 100% compared to stock the rotors have lasted twice as long and still working great

Guess they dont warp in a month huh

EVOm home of morons jumping on a bandwagon

Thoses rotors will be fine just dont get them drilled all the way through for a street car. Get them dimmpled and slotted or just slotted
Old Jun 18, 2008, 06:03 AM
Evolving Member

So what set did each of you get?

Quick Reply: Ebay rotors?