Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

I need someone to chat **Headlight Adjustment**

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2007, 03:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I need someone to chat **Headlight Adjustment**

Is there here anyone who has done the headlight adjustment who will be willing to chat with me?
Old May 2, 2008, 08:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah I just did it myself.
Here is the link https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...25#post5618925 or you look up headlight adjustment in the EVO 1-9 How To Forum.

My Insight Says:
Just try one and if it doesn't work try something else. In the past I tried that nonsense about just the green sprocket and I almost stripped it. However, today after reading this I figured I would try the screwdriver technique... you don't have to cut that one piece away you can just bend it back with a pair of pliers if you’re like me and don’t own a hacksaw. Anyway when I put the Phillips head in the screwdriver was turning but the 5mm hex bolt was not; then I tried to turn the next bolt with a socket wrench and I noticed the screwdriver wasn't turning. So just when I was about to give up I disconnected the cable that is held down by the two screws by the green sprocket shown in the picture above and I put a pair of pliers on it and turned clockwise... Viola! The lights came right up and doing it this way I didn't have to worry about throwing my high beam out of alignment. Though I would advise taking the bumper off; you will be able to get to the cable on the passenger side just by moving the coolant reservoir but on the driver’s side... you are going to have to drop the intercooler sprayer reservoir and it has 4 bolts holding it in place. The 10mm one is right on the side but the other three 12mm bolts you will have to remove the splash shield to get to; and if you have an ARP CF wind shield like me and you opt out of removing the bumper you will have to take the driver’s side tire off and the splash shield in the wheel well to get those last three friggin bolts.