Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

The insurance gap between STIs and EVOs.....

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2008, 06:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 12oclock
LOL, good one .........seriously though I was leaning towards STI too. FTW
What year models were you interested in? which Evo? I liked the 08 STi quite a bit. And the 07's are amazing once they are tuned properly. The 08's have 5* safety so I would have thought that might have brought the rates down some.

Last edited by Mr. Evo IX; Jun 3, 2008 at 06:43 PM.
Old Jun 3, 2008, 07:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Honestly dude (and I'm sure you're a cool kid) I don't think any 18yo is worthy of an EVO or STI but that's my .02
Honestly "dude". Think what you want, you have that freedom, but I am not the 18 year old thats going to drive like an idiot and street race. I cant explain it over the internet, but im far from a kid.
Old Jun 3, 2008, 07:56 PM

You can't just go out and say that no 18yo is worthy of an evo... but anyway, I'm 18 and was paying 330 a month on my evo. Insurance screwed it up when they put it back on and I'm paying a pretty 105 a month.. or somtehing like that (full coverage)
Old Jun 3, 2008, 08:04 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by v8slayer07
You can't just go out and say that no 18yo is worthy of an evo... but anyway, I'm 18 and was paying 330 a month on my evo. Insurance screwed it up when they put it back on and I'm paying a pretty 105 a month.. or somtehing like that (full coverage)
Haha very lucky! I am shopping around right now, hope to find something cheaper than what other company(s) have quoted me.
Old Jun 3, 2008, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. Evo IX
What year models were you interested in? which Evo? I liked the 08 STi quite a bit. And the 07's are amazing once they are tuned properly. The 08's have 5* safety so I would have thought that might have brought the rates down some.
No I gave them the VIN for an '04. I hate the look of the '07s+ not to mention I can't afford one of those. 03-05 if I went STI.
Old Jun 3, 2008, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by importjake00
Honestly "dude". Think what you want, you have that freedom, but I am not the 18 year old thats going to drive like an idiot and street race. I cant explain it over the internet, but im far from a kid.
By no means was I referring to yours or any other 18yo's driving abilities. I'm not here to argue though so...
Old Jun 3, 2008, 08:16 PM
Evolved Member

By no means was I referring to yours or any other 18yo's driving abilities. I'm not here to argue though so...
I am not here to argue here either, I just wanted to show you that not all 18 year olds are dushe bags, thats all. So about the cars, you gonna go sti or evo, decided yet?
Old Jun 3, 2008, 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by importjake00
I am not here to argue here either, I just wanted to show you that not all 18 year olds are dushe bags, thats all. So about the cars, you gonna go sti or evo, decided yet?
Dude I don't know, after enough research I can usually make a decision on something. But I swear this is probably the most even matched decision between 2 choices I've ever had to make. Whatever I go with I'll have it within 2 weeks and regardless of what I get I'll post back on this thread with pix just to kill anyone's curiosity.
Old Jun 3, 2008, 08:28 PM
Evolved Member

Dude I don't know, after enough research I can usually make a decision on something. But I swear this is probably the most even matched decision between 2 choices I've ever had to make. Whatever I go with I'll have it within 2 weeks and regardless of what I get I'll post back on this thread with pix just to kill anyone's curiosity.
Do you have any other questions about anything concerning the evo? Even if they are stupid, ill awnser them

If you are planning to mod, even just basic bolt ons.. evo will be the choice.. so much cheaper. But you cant beat that STI blue.. ***cing love that color!
Old Jun 3, 2008, 08:46 PM
Evolved Member

Would you be interested in a WRX? I bet insurance is considerably less. I realize they have some drivetrain limitations but they can be upgraded and they are a light chassis.

Either way, good luck with whichever choice you end up making.

Last edited by Mr. Evo IX; Jun 3, 2008 at 08:54 PM.
Old Jun 3, 2008, 08:57 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mr. Evo IX
Would you be interested in a WRX? I bet insurance is considerably less. I realize they have some drivetrain limitations but they can be upgraded and they are a light chassis.

Either way, good luck with whichever choice you end up making.
The money you would put in a WRX to make it as quick as a slightly modded evo or sti, would be enough to buy a evo or sti and a few months worth insurance
Old Jun 3, 2008, 09:58 PM
Evolved Member

I was actually going to buy an STI (I was a big subaru Rally fan) until I saw this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioNjbsjAZ8k

check it out starting at 4:15
Old Jun 4, 2008, 06:52 AM
Evolving Member

hmm... I pay 633 every 6 months- full coverge. Probably the multi car discount helping out... I guess they figure you can't wreck them all at once
Old Jun 4, 2008, 10:01 AM
Evolved Member

Honestly dude (and I'm sure you're a cool kid) I don't think any 18yo is worthy of an EVO or STI but that's my .02
I hate statements like this. Ill admit that many younger kids are wreckless but stereotyping a whole age group is retarded. I am 18 and hate street racing. I love going around a track its so much more skill involved. So saying no 18 yo is worthy imo is a stupid thing to say. how many 20+ evo drivers you think street race Id bet quite a bit do. Its not really about age but about the individual

and damn 500 for insurance is insane.
Im paying 120 a month
Old Jun 4, 2008, 10:36 AM

Go with the evo...Idk how it is anywhere else in the U.S. but I can't go a single day with out seeing an STI. They are everywhere. There are three other evo's in my town and you NEVER see any of them. I just enjoy having a car that not every one else has.

Quick Reply: The insurance gap between STIs and EVOs.....